“Great spot for food, drink and friends” 5 of 5 stars

207-646-8130
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roberto's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 81 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Along Trolley line, stop right in from door
Description: Over the past 30 years, our family has brought you the finest in hand crafted Italian food here in Ogunquit Maine. We stock only the finest imported olive oils, select tomatoes from the Tri-Valley Growers in California, and fresh native seafood. Our greens, herbs and vegetables are delivered to our chefs daily and to offer healthy choices, we do not use ANY salt or preservatives in our Italian recipes. We take pride in selecting and serving our food in Southern Maine and have continued this tradition for over 30 years. We are located in a restored 1850 farm house with wide beams and pumpkin pine hard wood floors, several small dining rooms and two larger rooms. Enjoy our small espresso bar, where full liquor is available and local beers are on tap. Small plates of our gourmet dishes are also available. Have fun watching a big game on our flat screen TV while enjoying the warmth of our working fireplace.
“Great spot for food, drink and friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a totally enjoyable evening at Roberto's. We ate in the bar area and the staff was extremely friendly and attentive. We had three appetizers with our drinks. Next trip we will come for a full meal! Well done!

Visited May 2014
KathyCammarota, Owner at Roberto's Restaurant, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you come into our bar and enjoyed your experience. We love that you felt comfortable and took time to tell others. We look forward to serving you either at the bar or in one of our diing rooms.
Kathy Cammarota
Robertos

Bolton, Massachusetts
“Nice Italian Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This meal was simple, basic Italian. Our waiter allowed my husband and me to split a salad, and I ordered lasagna, which was very good. My husband ordered the canneloni, which was two small cheese stuffed cannelonis, not really enough for my 6 foot one inch husband. He was more than willing to finish my lasagna. Food was simple, yet well made and tasty. Our waiter was quite nice and personable.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for writing such kind words! We work very hard to bring a nice dining experience to you and for you to take time out of your day to write is wonderful. We appreciate your thoughfulness and look forward to serving you again!
Warm regards,
Kathy Cammarota
Stamford, Connecticut
“Always a pleasure, always consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Roberto's is a great spot for either an evening out for a couple or a large family gathering. Wide selection and friendly service make this a great choice while visiting Maine.

Visited July 2013
KathyCammarota, Owner at Roberto's Restaurant, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words! It is such a pleasure to serve our guest and have a wonderful experience. We try to make each guest feel special, and we thank you for taking time to let us know that we have please you & your family. We look forward to serving you in this upcoming season. On behalf of our chefs, our kitchen team, our servers, and our dining room team thank you it is our pleasure to serve you!
Bronxville, New York
“Formerly great restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This review is based upon two recent visits to Roberto's. The first during the summer of 2013 and the second in October of the same year. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants in Ogunquit, but the last two visits were utter disappointments. On the positive side, their salads and home made dressings continue to be first rate. But then there's the matter of the entrees. During the summer I ordered eggplant parmesan. The waitress warned me that it might not be quite what I expected. They had "their own take" on the dish. To say the least, it was hardly what one would expect when ordering at an authentic Italian restaurant. It arrived cooked to death, nearly burned on the edges (but just a bit more than warm), dry as a bone and pretty much flavorless. On my second visit I ordered lobster ravioli, a dish I have had here before and which was remarkably rich and flavorful as I recall. This time it arrived as a rather tasteless ravioli (having apparently nothing to do with lobster - if it did, you couldn't prove it by me) with several small pieces of lobster in a disappointing sauce, apparently to satisfy the lobster end of the deal. Not at all what I remembered the dish being here. This seems to be a restaurant headed downhill. The wait staff was, however, pleasant and efficient. At least that aspect of the business carries on.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear earth bunny,
I appreciate you taking the time to write about your past experience while dining@ Roberto's. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your entree. We have prepared the eggplant in the same tradition for over 30 years.. To say that the server warned you, is a bit puzzling as it is one of most popular entrees. I wished you could have spoken to your server to express your disappointment at the table and we would have gladly prepared either a new eggplant or another choice. Our chef personally prepared the lobster ravioli, in the same manor for the past 10 years. I wish you could have expressed your disappointment with this choice the entree would have been prepared another or allowed you to choose another entree. Our servers ask each guest after they have tasted their meals and it's our goal to see that the guest is completely satisfied. I wish you were able to tell them rather than leave disappointed . We strive to please each guest with all choices.
Massachusetts
“Delicious food, good value and very good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fixed price meal for $18.95, three courses was a great value. Add a bottle of wine and it gets even better. Service very good and a great location.

Visited October 2013