“Worth several trips!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Enjoy lobster, steamers, lobster rolls, chowder and a whole lot more in a friendly, casual atmosphere. Live lobsters caught by local lobstermen wait in tanks filled with ocean water coming straight from the cove. Choose your size and two sides. For all the taste without the work, have a lobster roll any way you like it...a quarter pound single, double-stuffed, triple, or an entire pound on a buttery toasted roll with or without mayo. The lobster wrap and lobster BLT are also recently added favorites. Homemade chowder made from an old family recipe is a great way to start your meal, there's no thickening flour just the perfect combination of clams, fish, potatoes, onions and spices in a milk and cream base.The "Shack" has been owned and operated by the Evans family since the 1980s and is proud to serve the hottest chowder and the coldest beer in town. Let Jason, his family and his crew provide you with a true Maine eating experience in the oldest restaurant in Perkins Cove...
APEX
“Worth several trips!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

$12 a pound for whole lobster? Sign me up! This was my first whole lobster so I was a little apprehensive but they helped us decide on size (1.5 lbs) and answered our questions on what parts are edible. My husband's lobster was a female - there was roe inside. I was already feeling adventurous so I tried some - pretty tasty! The potato salad was also very good. A little spare on the decor but if that keeps prices down it is fine with me!

Next day: came back for lunch! Lobster BLT = heaven!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stillwater
“Great Lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I got a double stuff lobster roll and it was some of the best lobster meat I had while visiting Ogunquit. Definitely returning to this restaurant when we're in town next year! The homemade fish chowder was hot and delicious also. My sister got a crab roll and raved about it.

Visited September 2013
Gilbert, AZ
“Loved the Lobstah Shack!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stopped in Ogunquit on a recent trip up to Maine and had dinner at the Lobster Shack. I'm so glad that we did! The people who run the place are great - super helpful and nice. The lobster roll was DELICOUS, with lots of fresh lobster, and the steamers were plentiful and fresh. We really enjoyed our visit, and will definitely eat here again on our next trip to the area. Thank you, Lobster Shack!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ithaca, New York
“Excellent lobster value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had their lunch special: an excellent lobster roll and a cup of chowder for $15. Great food and great value. Ice cold Sam Adams as well. Staff was warm and friendly. Made us feel at home, even though we were wearing Yankee caps.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mays Landing NJ
“Try the fish tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I ate 3 times at the Lobster Shack on our recent vacation. The first time we had their fish tacos which were so new, they are not on their online menu. They were amazing! 3 tacos with seasoned haddock, guacamole, cabbage, and a dab of maybe chipotle mayo? on top served in a corn tortilla. We liked them so much, that despite the many places to eat in the area, we went back for them a second time. One night we did take out and had clam chowder and lobster stew. They were just okay. The clam chowder had way too much tarragon for my tastes. The inside dining is picnic table style, order up front and they bring it to you. Nice perk is a sink right in the eating area to wash your hands before and after your meal.

• Visited September 2013