“Old Village Inn for drinks/dessert” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 82 restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Saugus, Massachusetts
“Old Village Inn for drinks/dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stopped into the Old Village Inn on SAT night for drinks/dessert. The bartender at the pub was extremely friendly and did a fantastic job. We had dessert and a night cap. The feeling at the bar was that "everyone knows your name". It has a great location, The place is nicely decorated and offers a warm feeling...it was nice....

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“great pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we go to oqunquit quite often we always go to the pub inside the inn. It is very cozy and inviting and the shepards pie is to die for. great bartenders and drinks if you like new englandish spots don't miss thisw one

Visited December 2012
Rome, Italy
“Not the right night at the restaurant that night!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have had dinner many times before at the Old Village Inn and have always been somewhat satisfied. The place is old and to me it has carachter. The food has always been good, but the last time something must have gone wrong as both my friend and I did not feel alright after dinner and we both blamed it on the baked stuffed shrimp. Clam chowder was decent but not the best we ever had. Service was good and I have never had a probkem with that.

Visited January 2013
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had dinner here on a Friday night and found the service to be friendly and efficient. The food, however, was just average. My husband and I each got one of the specials -- I got lobster and spinach with a cream sauce over pasta and my husband got the rib eye. While the lobster was tender and buttery, there was very little of it. Additionally, the cream sauce tasted like buttered water and had very little flavor. My husband's rib eye was VERY difficult to cut -- veiny and tough even though he got it rare. This was pricey for what you get.

Visited January 2013
Wells, Maine
“Quaint Village Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We ate in the pub at the Old Village Inn tonight. The atmosphere is great. Very warm, cozy, and inviting. The food is good and the Irish Coffees are really good. The pub was full of locals, all seemed to know each other, lots of lively conversation. This Inn and restaurant is open all year round, good to know as most of the inns/restaurants seem to close during the winter. We liked it enough that we are going back for dinner on New Years Eve. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2012