“Just OK. Poor Value for Dinner $” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 81 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Italian
Delaware, Ohio
“Just OK. Poor Value for Dinner $”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

Restaurant was across the street from our hotel so we decided to try it. We ordered lobster ravioli and chicken parm. For the $, I thought the lobster ravioli portion was not on par with price paid. Chicken parm was a good sized portion. Unfortunately, they didn't drain the pasta enough in the chicken parm dish which made the sauce very runny and thinned the flavor. I would expect an Italian restaurant to know how to cook pasta. Service was slightly on the slow side and the waiter didn't check back often enough to see if we needed anything. The restaurant was not busy at all that night. The bread was good with garlic olive oil for dipping. Pretty tasty. I doubt we'll be eating there again when we go back to Ogunquit. There are simply too many other restaurants in the area with better food and service for a better price. All in all just ok.

New York
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

I ordered a lobster at Julies. That's what you do in Maine. It was mushy. When we complained, there was no offer of trying to make amends. we were simply told our bill would be adjusted but they would have to charge us for the salad I had eaten. They charged us $5.00. No abologies. I don't order Italian food in Maine. I'm from Central New York and we boast the best in the country. I guess Julies should stick to pasta and take this NE favorite off the menu. And the service staff needs a total overhaul.

Columbus, Ohio
“Absolutly phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

My family and I stumbled on to Julies after a long day at the beach, and as most places close at 9pm. The food was delicious and the service was great. I had the raspberry salad with lobster and my kids had pasta dishes. The real standout was the lobster ravioli. All four of us could not keep our bread out of my youngest's plate, as the sauce was so good!

What a find! The food was so fresh and expertly prepared and our server was exceptional. I don't know if our server was the owner, but he treated us as if he was.

Don't miss this place as it deserves a much higher rating, among other fine places to eat in Ogunquit.

Northeast USA
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2006

The people at our hotel recomended Julie's to us, but it was awful! Service left alot to be desired. The food ws worse!! Never again. I hope this saves others a bad experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2006

We did not have reservations for Valentines. At the last mominte we wanted to go out so we tried Julies Restaurant on Maine Street. It was great....everything from the warm greeting at the door, the veal oscar was amazing and filling, the service was prompt but not over bearing. It is a warm and friendly family owned restaurant and you can tell they care about quality. We recently tried thier Pizza...fast delivery, hot and tasty. This place is A+