“Dinner With Family” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Newbury, New Hampshire
“Dinner With Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

As a large group we had a good time here, I enjoyed my steak as the other members of the group also enjoyed their food. Not a quick place to eat, don't come in rushed it is not super quick but that is not a complaint. A beautiful view as well and service was nice. Does not accept reservations.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“High prices for less than impressive New England Fare”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been in New England all my life. The idea of lobster and steamers has become more of the norm. However, when our group took a day off to enjoy the sunshine and take in the sights we chose to eat at Barnacle Billy's (full service) side because we were looking to relax for lunch and it had a .5 star over the others in the area. Do not be fooled-this .5 star is not warranted. I had full intention of paying a bit more for waterside seating and service. Our waitress was fine, not overly friendly-but this I can deal with. However, we all ordered drinks and they were served in plastic cups. Now I know- I might sound like a snob here. However, When I pay $15 for a Bloody Mary, I do have certain expectations and a glass and some garnish are part of this. We noticed a couple other people had glasses-so not quite sure why we all got the plastic cups. My daughter ordered the punch-no garnish and came in the same small plastic cup with 75% ice and it was not as delish as they advise. The single shrimp on my glass was not fresh-previously frozen and trust me, there is a big difference. It was tasteless. We looked at the menu once we got the drinks and were appalled at what they are charging.The menu online is not quite what we saw. $16 for a Tuna Salad or $32 for Lobster salad plate is outrageous! This was inline with the other items. People next to us were very disappointed in their meals $20 salmon plate and $30 single lobster dinner-so we opted to close the bill and move on. I do understand the cost of running a business and fine with paying for quality when I eat out. We expected to pay a little more-but this is just wrong. However, another restaurant right down the way (same water view) was about $11 for a salad with grilled salmon on it and serving drinks in glasses. We did not make it to the food at this restaurant, but it looked like typical fare and other patrons were disappointed. Maybe an off day? However, if you are going to charge a premium-this is what you should serve and what patrons should expect. Being from New England, I know what to expect for seafood and this this very overpriced without the service you should expect. The atmosphere is ok-but you can go to anther in the cove and get full service at a price that is a bit more acceptable.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke, New Hampshire
“Worst lobster roll in Maine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had a lobster roll, and went back to tell them that it did have only one piece of lobster in the roll and they did not care at all. I make sure I tell everybody I know about that lobster oll I will never go back there and don't recommend that place at all. there are many other great restaurant in Ogunquit. Please don't spend your money there, it is not worth it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut
“Best lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Bily's has the best lobster - must be the water and how to cook it to perfection. Sit outside if you can.

Visited April 2014
Gordonsville, Virginia, United States
“Terrific View and Food to Match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

On our final day in Qgunquit and we decided to have dinner at Barnacle Billy's. We were seated immediately and our waitress was very prompt and attentive. We were seated on the elevated section of the first floor overlooking the Cove which made the view for dinner beautiful. As a non-seafood eater my wife had a steak which was cooked to her specifications and was very tender. I ordered the swordfish which was tender and flavorful. We enjoyed a couple of drinks and never felt rushed. The cost reasonable for the area and the food and service level justified it. We will be back again next year.

Visited May 2014