“Ordinary.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Laval
“Ordinary.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We usually go there once when we're in Ogunquit for the atmosphere. Nothing special anymore about the food but the view is great. First-timers are always impressed but you get used to it. Service was very friendly. Yes there are cheaper places just like about any other tourist area. If you're counting pennies and travelling with kids, this might not be the place for you but all things being equal, we like this place.

Mississauga, Canada
“A New Definition for Lobster Trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our family made the long trek from upstate NY to Perkins Cove and was looking forward to our first taste of lobster roll and clam chowder. Arriving at Barnacle Billy's more casual, self-serve restaurant, we didn't hesitate to order three cups of clam chowder and three 4-ounce lobster rolls - served with potato chips and pickles. You can imagine our shock and disbelief to learn that the total was $79.95! There was nothing special about this meal - other than that we had fetched it ourselves and were struggling to make it last given the horrific expense of it. Let the buyer beware! We subsequently learned that 2013 has been a bumper year for lobster AND if you visit Hannaford's seafood department or any reasonable lobster & seafood market, you will find lobster available for approximately $5.99 per pound. SO, don't be taken in. Ask the price BEFORE ordering and keep looking until you find appropriate value for your money. We didn't find it here!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Food good - parking 'be careful'”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

First time customer and found the food and servers were very good. Eating outside was very nice. Keep in mind this area can be super crowed. Parking is at a premium. You will park in lots from $10 to $15. So my wife and I parked right across the street from Barnacle Billy's. Had our meal and I mentioned about how expensive the parking was. Was told if you eat here its free! So I took my receipt to parking attendant to see if I could get my money back. Barnacle Billy's himself was there also. He heard me ask. He told me no. You have to use their valet parking to get it free. I will say there is a small sign saying that. I missed it due to the traffic. Ok I guess it was my fault, but after spending over $80 in his resturant, I thought me could have taken care of his customer.

So used their valet! It will save you $15! If you make a mistake, don't expect help from the owner. He could care less about you after you pay the bill! My first experience in the area on our vacation and got burned.

I'm only reporting it poor due to the actions of the owner. But the food was very good.

Durham, New Hampshire
“Pretty view on the patio but lousy food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Too many good restaurants in the area to waste your time (slow!) and money (expensive) on mediocre food (at best). The chowder is watery and the lobster roll is flavorless and the celery is jarring and distracting.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston MA
“Rum Punch is the Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Reviews on Trip advisor are accurate re cost and portion size-- BUT the location and views are the best! My suggestion is to go for a cup of chowder and enjoy the Rum Punch! You won't be disappointed. Great drink overlooking the cove! Enjoy