“Good Food and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 80 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Jonathan's is on the Ogunquit Trolley Route!
saugerties,ny
“Good Food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We just returned from Jonathan's tonite. I had the Lobster Bisque and Mushrooms that were stuffed with cheese. Both were delicious and hot. My husband had the twin 1 pound lobster special and he thought they were done just right. Our server Alana was attentive and very nice, service was quick and good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brattleboro, VT
“Make a reservation, sit in the sunroom and be sure to tell the trolly driver you are headed here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We ended up at Jonathan's on a last minute excursion to see a show (they have pretty solid national acts in their "attic"). After a trolley debacle (be sure to mention that you want to go to Jonathan's, not all of the trolleys make the trip out their even though it's on the route) we finally got to the restaurant. We didn't have a reservation but were able to get a seat in a small front room that seemed a bit off the beaten path. Perhaps this room is used for overflow, but it was more like an office than a dining room. Honestly we were grateful that we were able to get a table at all, but we would suggest asking for one of the nicer rooms. The food was very good, we each had a lobster dish and the lobster was fresh, tender and well prepared. The waitstaff service was really just OK, but the location of our table could have been a factor in that. Other staff (hostess and manager) did go out of their way to ensure we made it to the show on time, which was very thoughtful. We even had Jonathan come to the table to reassure us that we would be in good shape to get up to the show. Overall it was a very good experience, the show was excellent, the food was good and it's definitely worth a visit when you are in Ogunquit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Somerville, Massachusetts
“cold food, slow service ...very disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I had been to Jonathan's before and it was good... A friend of mine and I went before the theater and it was far from what I remember...We sat in a room by the bar looking out over the garden. From the word go things just went downhill...after waiting for our waitress we were greeted and placed a drink order....15-20 minutes later we got our drinks..we told our waitress about our plans and she said she would be with us in a moment....after a few minutes she returned and we ordered...I had the shrimp cocktail which were chewy and flavorless...when my dinner arrived it was barely warm...my companion's meal was similar....by the time our waitress had checked back we just wanted to get to our show and had nearly finished our dinners. All in all a big disappointment.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Winsted, Connecticut
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Jonathan's came highly reccomended to us by some friends who visit Ogunquit several times a year. While staying in the adjacent Meadowmere hotel, we ordered dinner in and had it delivered to our room. Initially, I must admit, I was not too impressed by the menu and had difficulty deciding on a dish that I actually wanted. I finally settled for the sea scallops, and my boyfriend got a saute with lamb sausage, tomato, and goat cheese over pasta. Both dinners were absoloutely superb, with incredibly fresh ingredients, even out of take-out containers with plastic silverware in the hotel room! The chocolate mousse was the best I have ever had. It was delivered quickly, and my only complaint would be that they added 20% gratuity for literally walking it down the hallway to us. However, the food was worth it, and I will definitely be eating there on my next trip.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“A Wonderful Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I had always seen Jonathan's advertised but had never tried it before. My boyfriend & I were delighted with the experience. The food was fantastic! I had the twin lobster special and it was cooked perfectly. Not overdone at all. The service was excellent! Our waiter was wonderful: friendly & attentive. We sat in the area overlooking the garden & it made the night magical. We plan to go back the next time we are in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere