“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 82 restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Jonathan's is on the Ogunquit Trolley Route!
Winsted, Connecticut
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Jonathan's came highly reccomended to us by some friends who visit Ogunquit several times a year. While staying in the adjacent Meadowmere hotel, we ordered dinner in and had it delivered to our room. Initially, I must admit, I was not too impressed by the menu and had difficulty deciding on a dish that I actually wanted. I finally settled for the sea scallops, and my boyfriend got a saute with lamb sausage, tomato, and goat cheese over pasta. Both dinners were absoloutely superb, with incredibly fresh ingredients, even out of take-out containers with plastic silverware in the hotel room! The chocolate mousse was the best I have ever had. It was delivered quickly, and my only complaint would be that they added 20% gratuity for literally walking it down the hallway to us. However, the food was worth it, and I will definitely be eating there on my next trip.

82% Recommend
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“A Wonderful Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I had always seen Jonathan's advertised but had never tried it before. My boyfriend & I were delighted with the experience. The food was fantastic! I had the twin lobster special and it was cooked perfectly. Not overdone at all. The service was excellent! Our waiter was wonderful: friendly & attentive. We sat in the area overlooking the garden & it made the night magical. We plan to go back the next time we are in town.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Watch the bait and switch during family hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

We have 2 small kids (under 6) and don't waste a lot of money on nicer restaurants, since we never get to fully enjoy them if we are with kids. Jonathan's advertises "kids eat free" 4:30-6:00pm, so we thought we'd give it a try. Our food was very good. Steaks were thick, flavorful and very well prepared. Mashed were creamy and veggies were delicious. Here comes the kicker though. We made a reservation for 5:30. Showed up and sat a little earlier. When the bill came, there was $15 worth of kids meals on the bill. We asked Adam, or less than helpful server, why.

Said that kids eat free before 5. We asked him about the 6pm on the website. Said it must be a mistake, but he would check. Came back and said that kids eat free before 5:30. I then showed him on my phone the website (http://www.jonathansrestaurant.com/dining.cfm?MID=children) that kids eat free 4:30-6pm. Nothing.

Manager then came and showed a piece of paper that said kids eat free if seated before 5:30. This is not what their website says, but still, we were seated before 5:30 on our 5:30 reservation. Nothing.

Food is good, but they chose to fight over $15 in kids food when the debate isn't whether or not they make this offer to get families in to fill early bird seats, but whether we were "in" before 5:30 or not. Lame.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
eatwellOgunquitMaine, Manager at Jonathan's Restaurant, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
You are absolutely correct. If I told you that the "Kids Eat Free" promotion was not available to you, I was wrong! I don't remember telling you that, however.

We do several promotions and this one is one of my favorites;

It promotes early diners much better than "Early Bird Specials".
The kids love our aquarium and it provides them something to be interested in.
It makes it nice for the parents, also as most of the time they get to enjoy their dinner also.

I'm sorry about your experience and would like to hear from you so that I can get further information. If you had one of our other promotions and were going to use both on the same evening, I may have said something, but I don't remember even doing that.

Thank you for letting us know about your displeasure. We can't correct anything if we don't know about it.
New York
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Came to Jonathan's with a Restaurant.com certificate. Everything about the Jonathan's was wonderful. Would definitely go back without a certificate. Food and service was great. Loved our table overlooking the garden and statues. Very relaxing. Walked out with a big smile!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The food was fresh and wonderful! After...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

The food was fresh and wonderful! After reading the reviews of Jonathans we had to try it and we were not disappointed. Lots of choices in Ogunquit and we would highly recommend if you are looking for a nice dining experience.