“Excellent from beginning to end!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 80 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Jonathan's is on the Ogunquit Trolley Route!
“Excellent from beginning to end!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Service, food, drinks, and atmosphere were excellent. You must try the chocolate mousse!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

York Beach, Maine
“ALWAYS DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Jonathan's is so consistent in terms of delicious food and outstanding service. The last time we visited there was Mother's Day and one member of our party was running late by about an hour. The server was so accommodating, not pressuring us at all. We enjoyed drinks and appetizers while we waited. The fried calamari appetizer was outstanding and could definitely serve as an appetizer for four people. Entrees and desserts were great as well. I would recommend Jonathan's if you are looking for a casually elegant restaurant with top notch food and service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwick, RI
“Excellent experience and excellent food-Our Anniversary Dinner 6/21/12”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I went to Jonathan's to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary, We did not have reservations but were seated within 2 minutes. The host and wait staff were excellent.
I got the martini with elderberry,Ryan my waiter, recommended as I was trying to decide between two it was very good, thanks, Ryan. We were suprised when we were served carrot ginger soup with our bread. The soup was delicious and had wonderful taste and the bread was great and warm.My husband and I both enjoy lobster, but I did not feel like cracking the shells as it can get messy. We both decided on the poached lobster dinner. It was excellent, cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth lobster. The sides were also excellent the mashed potatoes were great and the vegetables were fresh and cooked to perfection a great combination.We don't usually get dessert, but it was our anniversary and we were celebrating.
I ordered tarimasu and my husband ordered apple crisp, they were both delicious and a perfect ending to a wonderful meal. I even had the waitress take our photo. Thanks, Jill.
I became curious about Jonathan from things I read on the menu and asked if he was there. My waitress, Jill said she saw him in the front earlier. As I worked my way toward the entrance I asked the host if Jonathan was in and he stated, yes right in this room. Jonathan came out of his office he was very friendly and hospitable. We spoke for a few minutes about his elderberrys and his homestead, I told him how we totally enjoyed our experience at his restaurant and how excellent the food was and that we were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary.
Jonathan, I want you to know and everyone that reads this that I will definately recommend your restaurant to everyone I know that visits Maine.
Excellent and unforgetable.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calera, Oklahoma
“Very nice place to dine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I only had the house salad because I wasn't feeling well. My wife had the salmon and she loved it. It's casual wear but it is a fancy place..

Visited June 2012
Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
“The extra mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We arrived just before Jonathan's closed from the Meadowmere Resort after a long10 hours in the car- they remained open for us and served a fine seafood chowder & fresh whole lobster. We had the restaurant to ourselves & never felt pressured to "hurry it up". Friendly & courteous- class act.

Visited June 2012