“Seems Like Old Times” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Denville, New Jersey
“Seems Like Old Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Another place that we've visited many times over the years though not for the last couple seasons. Stopped by last Tuesday night for dinner and was not disappointed. Started with a grilled Romaine Caesar salad. Not had grilled Romaine before but worked well with Caesar dressing. For my main course I had the Ribeye steak with chimichurri sauce (like a pesto), roasted potatoes and green beans. The steak was properly cooked and seasoned. The green beans were crisp and seemed fresh. But the roasted potatoes were just roasted potatoes, ok but uninspired. Didn't get desert because they ran out of the lemon cake. My wife had the Almond crusted Haddock which I tasted and was very good, not over cooked or dry as another reviewer had complained about. Also shared a very reasonable priced very tasty 2011 Byron Pinot Noir. Service was efficient and friendly. Over the years we have always enjoyed dinner at Gypsy Sweethearts, I still do and highly recommend them.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Albany, New York
“Super cute find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We came here on a whim to be honest. We walked past this restaurant many times and decided to make a reservation. The menu was different that's for sure, but I had the Almond crusted haddock and a very interesting soup. My husband had the pork shanks and the gnocchi and blue cheese app. It was very tasty! The server was SO pleasant and welcoming! The only bad thing I can say was the potatoes on my side were super dry as if they were over cooked and I am a very non picky eater. Overall I would come here again, it has a romantic ambiance to it :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Tasty plates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at Gypsy on the night Andrew hit the Maine coast. The venue is a very classic New England cape home. Avoid the burger/fries offering, the seafood plates are excellent and inventive. Call ahead, the place was packed!

Visited July 2014
“Not even if it's the last place to eat!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our experience was the worst weave ever experienced dining out.
Although our appetizers arrived in good time it took overran hour four our main dishes to arrive. My wife ordered almond encrusted haddock that tasted and appeared like it came out of the freezer.
I ordered the seasoned tuna which arrived over cooked to the point of shoe leather. The accompanying rice tasted like it came out of a bag and the string beans also came from the freezer.
I spoke with someone who appeared to be the manager, explaining as above. I expected to be comped for our appetizers. I guess they are used to dissatisfied customers.
I do not recommend this place even if all other options are not available - go hungry!

Waterbury, CT
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a great place. Old house. We sat on the front porch very nicely set up. They have outdoor seating also.
The lobster sliders were great as were the scallops. Had lemon cheesecake for dessert, really good.
The service was awesome. Our waitress made great suggestions and made our dinner very enjoyable. Give this place a try you won't regret.