“Good, Not Great” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 80 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“Good, Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I had dinner on the second floor, sharing a selection of tapas. The food was good, but far from great. I expected better from tantalizing selections such as orange duck confit, but in the end I didn't find any of the food particularly remarkable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Goshen, New York
“Tapas for us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We dined outdoors and enjoyed the night sky, heat warmers and people watching on a cool September evening. We decided to opt for the small plates menu and were not disappointed. It was very good, and very satisfying. Lots of charm.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, MA
“It was better in 2012...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I live in Ogunquit and try to frequent the better restaurants as often as possible. In 2012, my wife and I, and other guests ate at Gypsy's on a regular basis. We really enjoyed the food we got there, and the service was very friendly. They menu was limited, but there were options that I quite enjoyed, especially the 'firecracker chicken'.
This season, my party of four went there for the first time in May. I was looking forward to ordering my favorite meal,...but alas they changed their menu for 2013 and it no longer included the 'firecracker chicken'. (or any other chicken option for that matter.) What kind of restaurant doesn't have at least one variation of chicken on the menu?
Anyway, I ordered a steak, which was average at best...and a bit pricey for what I received.
The others in my party were not impressed either, so we did not return again for the whole season. One unimpressive meal can do that to your business....

So, hopefully Gypsy's will take a look at their menu and improve it for the 2014 season. If so, I'll come back...if not, you've lost four regulars.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Weird slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We asked for an outside table and rather than sitting on the lawn section, we were brought upstairs onto the roof area, where they usually have nighttime cocktail parties. We felt like we were forgotten by the staff. Service was REALLY slow. Which we could have forgiven if the food was really good. But it just wasn't. Not horrible, just not good enough to make up for the bad service. There are much better options in ogunquit.

Visited July 2013
katonah, new york
“You will not be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Go to Gypsy's -- you will not be disappointed. It is in an old house right on Shore Road, walkable to almost everything. The food and service are good, so is the wine. You can sit outside, or on the enclosed porch and watch all of Ogunquit go by.

Visited June 2013