“Wow! Great Restaurant! We Will Return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roost Cafe and Bistro

Roost Cafe and Bistro
262 Shore Rd., Ogunquit, ME 03907 (Formerly Ninety Eight Provence)
(207) 646-9898
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roost Cafe and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 82 restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ledge Road
NortheastPA
“Wow! Great Restaurant! We Will Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Happened to pass Roost on a walk back from Perkins Cove to Ogunquit. We stopped and read the menu for lunch, and decided to return later. It was the best decision we made for food the entire trip! Roost is located in an old, converted home, that is so comfortable inside. It's casual, but elegant (but far from stuffy or pretentious). The lunch menu had a lot of choices, and I opted for a tempura battered haddock that was incredible.

Everything about the meal was perfect. We then got to talk a bit to the owner, who was also the waiter for lunch that day. He was welcoming and very friendly.

The experience was so wonderful, we returned the next morning for breakfast. If we had found the restaurant any earlier, I'm sure dinner would have been next, but we were close to the end of our stay in town. The breakfast menu was just as excellent as lunch, and we were so glad we stopped again. Our waitress was attentive and friendly.

Roost has been permanently added to our list of restaurants to visit while in the Ogunquit area. I recommend that anyone visiting in the area stop by and give Roost a try. You won't regret it!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Nutley, New Jersey
“ordered French wine but served New Zealand wine and not told”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely dinner at roost Sunday evening Oct. 13. I ordered a French Sauvignon Blanc, which I enjoyed and asked for name from waitress. Later when I asked for wine year, she came back and said we were not serving the French that evening and I had been served a New Zealand wine instead. I called the owner over and was given quite a story on why my wine wasn't French.. I thought I was drinking what I ordered, that was not the case. I do not patronize a restaurant that practices unethical behavior. I will not recommend you based on this bait and switch. I paid for a product a did not receive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Demarest, NJ
“Fabulous dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the most enjoyable meals we had. The food was well prepared, the service was delightful and the place had charm. Dont miss it!

Visited October 2013
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Restaurant was next to the grand hotel where we were staying. Tried it the first night, and loved it so much we ate the the next. Great, innovative food (special ribs to die for), good service, excellent wine, and pleasant surroundings which felt intimate because the rooms were divided up into smaller elements by screens. Lovely vegetables. Wish I could have managed a desert!

Visited October 2013
Oakville, Ontario
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Atmosphere OK, nothing special. We ordered the fish and chips and what came was unappetizing (pre frozen???) sweet potato fries and an excessive portion of fish which we could not finish. No coleslaw or tartare sauce. This was not an inexpensive meal and based on this one experience we wouldn't hurry back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere