“By Georges, I think Ive Got It...!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Gorges Grant Hotel
449 Main Street, Ogunquit, ME 03907-2240   |
Ranked #12 of 37 hotels in Ogunquit
Montreal
“By Georges, I think Ive Got It...!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved it! My husband and I stayed here for a couple of days last fall and my oh my, it was pretty perfect! Check in was fine and all of 5 minutes. The front desk person was polite, friendly, and accomodating. Nice. Our corner room was in the King George section. We found it to be very spacious, super clean, airy, bright, well decorated, modern. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and shower had good water pressure with plenty of hot water, it was never an issue. Best of all, it was charming, well located, with plenty of parking, and the price was bang on! We will go back, no questions asked. Great little hotel, great town, great eats, great people. Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the King Georges building.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Goffstown, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a lovely hotel with a friendly accommodating staff, a Restaurant on premises open for breakfast. Rooms are spacious and have refrigerator & coffee maker in the premium rooms. We return here time after time and have always been satisfied. The hot tub is great and the hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools. The lobby has a large fireplace and is very tastefully furnished. Coffee & newspapers are always there for your pleasure. We usually request the same room for our thrice yearly visits.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Easy to find, right on Route 1 just north of the village. Lots of parking. Efficient, friendly check-in. Large, clean room with modern TV and two-sing bathroom. Quiet heat/AC unit. Indoor/outdoor pool. Good breakfast in the lobby (not included). With AAA discount it was a few dollars less than the nearest hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in early October and were very pleasantly surprised. We booked a premium room, so we had a small refrigerator. The room was very clean and the mattress comfortable. The staff was helpful with any questions we had and made restaurant reservations for us when we asked. They also offer free parking, a very rare thing in Ogunquit. The only problem we had was our room, 203 was a dead spot for wireless. I could easily get on in the lobby, but when I would go to our room I would be dropped, so I would just stay in the comfortable lobby. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area. You are about .5 miles from downtown Ogunquit so you are away from some of heavy traffic there

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building on the 2nd floor. It was quiet and convenient
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a return trip for us to Gorges Grant and, again, they were absolutely wonderful: respectful, incredibly accommodating, responsive, and anticipatory too! Raspberri's food was absolutely delicious and the wait staff was quick, friendly, & warm. As an insulin dependent diabetic, I was so happy that my food remained hot even after I tested and injected -- very important! They even made an omelet to my requirements, and without questioning or explanations! Every facet of our stay was superb: quiet, very clean room; extra towels, hangers, anything we wanted we got with no fuss or delay; internet available in the lobby when we needed it, books of restaurant menus available for review. I hated to leave and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Gorges Grant from Friday, September 21st through Monday, September 24th. When I made the reservations online, we booked a standard king room. In the Special Requests field, I mentioned that we would like a room on the 2nd floor and that we were visiting for our anniversary. When we got to our room, they had upgraded us to the Premium room in the King Charles building. What a great surprise! The front desk attendant also mentioned Happy Anniversary when we checked in :) All 3 nights were great....we didn't hear a peep from anyone, and the room was dark....perfect for sleeping in! Parking was very accessible and plentiful. Thanks for the great weekend!

Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

As soon as you walk into the Gorges Grant Hotel you feel very welcome. The lobby is very warm and welcoming. The fireplace is great. the staff are very friendly and accommodating. The maintance of the property and the hotel are kept up beautifuly. My room was large and very clean, (which is very importment to us) the bed was very comfortable. Rasberri's resturant was excellent. Food excellent and staff were delighful. It was a great location. Both pools were great. We had a delightfuly stay here and would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor which I found more convenient. It had quuick access to the pools, r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gorges Grant Hotel? Share your experiences!