I truly believe this hotel deserves to be better than "#20 of 37 hotels in Ogunquit". Proof enough is the fact that my family has been coming to this same spot every year since the 1960's. As the youngest member of my family, I have been coming here for all of my 25 years. To say that I am a loyal customer is an understatement!
The staff is wonderful. The view can't be beat. The grounds are impecacbly kept. The unique location gives you the option to lay out on the lawn while looking at the ocean and the beach without actually having to be at the beach. It's especially nice on crowded beach days! Or, you can walk about 5 minutes around the water and be at the beach.
There is a great sense of community among the other guests. Each time we go, we meet new people who become longtime friends. You can't help but feel at home here.
Sure, the rooms are not as big and luxurious as some of the other hotels in the area, but trust me when I say the charm of the Marginal Way House can't be beat. You won't regret your say here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the tradition of Maine's summer resorts, the Marginal Way House has been welcoming visitors since at least 1911. Located on Wharf Lane, two blocks from the center of town, directly across from the Ogunquit Beach, the Marginal Way House offers incomparable views of the beach and coastline. Offering 3 types of rooms including hotel rooms in our Main and Wharf House buildings, motel rooms in our Dockside Motel, and efficiency apartments which are located through out our 5 building complex. Pets are accepted off season only ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Marginal Way House and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marginal Way House Hotel Ogunquit
- Marginal Way Hotel
- Marginal Way Motel
- Marginal Way House And Motel Ogunquit, Maine