“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Ogunquit
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

Have been coming to Ogunquit for about 20 years and have stayed at the Sea View motel most of that time. The rooms have been upgraded this past year and are very clean. All the appliances work well and the free WIFI worked very well. The new owner was very pleasant and helpful. A great place to stay for a good value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

This was our Honeymoon (we had spent three weeks in Europe in May). The weekend after Labour Day (I'm Canadian), as we were on our way to Mt. Washington, we decided to head down to Ogunquit. I had vacationed there twenty summers in a row from the age of three. Anyway we stopped at the Sea View because it is so close to Downtown Ogunquit.
The price was right (low season) - we stayed three nights. My only complaint is that the carpet in our room was showing its age, and the room had a funny smell. Probably thanks to the room deodorizer mentioned in an earlier review. We spent under $200 total for three nights, breakfast included, within walking distance of the beach. The annual Kite Festival took place on Saturday - a perfect sunny day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sea View motel in Ogunquit for a few days this past August. The weather was perfect for the beach, where we spent most of our days. The room itself was a little small with some outdated features. However, we were not looking for luxury, and as long as the room was clean (which it was), we were happy. After trips to the beach each day, we utilized the motel's pool, which was clean as well. The price we received for August was phenomenal. I would return, expecting an economical stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverly, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I stayed at the Sea View in July. I met the new owner (seemed nice), had a nice room and enjoyed my stay.

I returned to the Sea View this September, after going to the Laudholm Farm Crafts Show in Wells. I arrived around 5:30pm, tired from too much sun and walking among the crafts booths for several hours.

I ran into the owner just as I was entering the office and he was leaving. He turned around and went back behind the check-in desk. I said hi and he asked if I had stayed there before - he thought he recognized me. I said yes, in July. He started going through papers on the desk, and I said so what do I need to do for check-in. He surprised me because he flatly said "I want you to pay". I'd meant filling out the registration card, etc. Anyway, I paid for the room and took the key. He asked if I wanted a second key and I said I didn't need one. He said "don't go losing it and calling me at night". God, were you in a bad mood or what??

I went up to the room, opened the door, and immediately smelled the faint odor of cigarette smoke (these are non-smoking rooms). I went back to the office and told him that someone had been smoking in my room. He said let me see and went to grab a deodorizing machine. (I didn't like that.) He entered the room and remarked that I must have a better nose than him, because he didn't smell anything. But he proceeds to plug in the deodorizer and spray the room with me in it. Gross. I was getting so shocked and annoyed, in addition to being really tired, that I was speechless! I opened the window and door to air the place out, but realized I couldn't stay in the room until both smells left. I escaped to the supermarket for a half hour. When I returned, the combined smell still lingered. I left the door and window open, but soon realized I could not do that all night because it would be getting cold later on. I left it open until 9pm. By 9:25pm, I realized I just could not sleep there. I'd wake up with a terrific headache and congestion. I'm allergic to any kind of smoke. Even though I was tired, I packed up my things and left for home. I was home by 10:30pm.

I don't know what's going on at this motel, but I do know that I'll never return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
jjseaview, Owner at Sea View Motel, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
I am very dissapointed with the unfair review. I do recall the guest who wrote the negative review. Other reviewers have complimented my entire staff and me as the new owner since July 2010 for our hospitality and friendliness. The guest did say she thought the room she was assigned to had been smoked in and she had a problem with smoke and odor. I immediately offered to change her to a different room, which she declined as she specifically liked that room and had been a past guest in the same room. We can't control if a guest violates our "No Smoking Policy" but we have a deoderizer system to re-fresh the room. I did offer to re-fresh the room, and did so in the guests presence, with her approval, compliments and "thanks" for being so nice. None of our staff were made aware of her dissatisfaction and she never brought any issues to our attention or we would have either offered to relocate her, refund her completely and still offer the same room at no cost. We stand behind our product and service, we just never had the chance to do so, thanks.
Vernon, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

The location is great, within walking distance to town and several restaurants and the trolly stops right in front. The office staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nothing fancy but were large, clean and quiet. The pool / hot tub were also very clean and well maintained as well as the landscape and flowers. Over all the property is well maintained and a great deal for a beach destination. I would definitely stay with them again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Needham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Very clean & very friendly staff & owners especially Kathie the mgr.They just put in a breakfast & have updated all the chaises & umbrellas poolside. During the winter they're going to upgrade all the bedding & new flat screen tv's. II've stayed here every weekend in July & august &
wait to come year.back Les Y

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Hotel are mostly expensive in Ogunquit, I look around and finally make my choice. I pick Sea View for this year and was not disappointed. I got more here than I could have in other big name (Juniper) across the the street. If you are ready to walk a little bit it's okay, other wise take the trolley. It's about 15 min. walk to the beach. Around 5 to town. Room are large, clean. We ask for a micro-wave and we get one very fast. Pool was clean, free breakfast to start the day; yogourt, cereal and buns. It's better than nothing, kids was please to get meal at the hotel. (parents was please to save money on restaurant) but bought coffee snack at the village market. So, don't be afraid, this hotel should be higher on the list if people would give more feedback since it's new owner now. Hope I help you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sea View Motel? Share your experiences!