My 7 year-old daughter and I spent 3 days at the Mariner. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It included a full-sized fridge and a microwave. The hotel is not new, but is well-maintained. Our favorite activity at the hotel was the pool. There is a good-sized outdoor pool and a small indoor pool right next to it. From the outdoor pool you have a nice view. There are marshes at the back of the property and the ocean can be seen in the distance. A small breakfast was provided that included fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee/tea, instant oatmeal and store-bought pastries. The staff members were helpful and courteous. There was a little noise from Route 1 and you could hear other guests and shower water running in adjacent rooms, but this was not a problem.
The Mariner is located about a mile outside of the heart of Ogunquit. We found it easy to access the town and beaches on the trolley ($1.50 for adults, $1.00 for children). We never waited more than 10 minutes for the trolley and the stop was across the street from the hotel. It was also a great way to sight-see as the streets in town were, at times. congested. Parking is limited in town and beach parking is expensive ($10-$20 per day). Footbridge Beach is near the hotel (we were told 1/2 mile away) but it is not really walkable with kids and beach gear.
If you want to stay in the heart of Ogunquit you won't need to drive. There are many in-town choices, a number of them on the water. However, we were very satisfied with our stay at the Mariner. It was quiet and relaxing and the rates were very reasonable compared to other hotels/motels we looked at in Ogunquit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mariner Resort in scenic Ogunquit, Maine offers several rooming choices to meet most tastes and budgets. Guests can choose from basic motel type rooms to oversized three bed suites complete with free wireless internet access, air conditioning, distant ocean views and much more. All of our guests enjoy our indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, fitness room, FREE continental breakfast, volleyball, bocce court areas and our barbeque area. Our quiet location overlooking the scenic tidal marsh with distant ocean views offers a fabulous vantage point to explore Ogunquit, Wells, nearby Kennebunkport and all of Southern Maine. We hope to see you at the Mariner soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Mariner Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mariner Hotel Ogunquit
- Mariner Resort Ogunquit
- Mariner Hotel Ogunquit
- The Mariner Resort Ogunquit, Maine