“What a fun experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ballston Lake, New York
3 attraction reviews
“What a fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited the Bunny Clark on October 5. My boyfriend has been going on the Bunny Clark for several years with him father and had asked me to try it out with him. What a great time we had. I had never been deep sea fishing before so I was a bit nervous, but once we started catching fish it was great! We caught a very good amount of cod, pollock and cusk, and while a lot of them we werent able to keep because of there size, it was still a lot of fun to catch them. We ended up walking away with 4 full bags of filets, which was still minimal to some of the others on the boat. Jerred and Alec were great and did an excellent job of making sure everyone was catching fish. I can't wait for our next trip because now that I have the hang of it I will definetly catch more fish than my boyfriend!

Visited October 2013

Farmingdale, New York
“Best Cod Fishing Experience Of My Life!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been on many party and private charter boats over the 3 decades I have been fishing. Of those, a fair share of them were for Cod Fishing and like species. This boat, the captain, and the crew are by far the best not only Cod Fishing, but overall fishing on any party boat I have ever been on! And I live a mere 1.5 hours from Montauk, NY. One of the Northeast's fishing 'hot spots.'

The first sign I knew I was in good hands was how well kept the boat was. Though she was an older lady, she was clean, neat, painted, and fast. It is a large lobster boat, so I would recommend bringing foul weather gear, even on sunny summer days. And there is not too many places on the boat to escape the elements in the colder months for everyone. So dress warm. After all it is Cod Fishing. However the opportunity cost is the constant action and the big fish you are sure to boat.

The second sign I was in good hands was the friendly crew. Almost immediately I struck up conversations with Captain Ian and our mate Alex. Very approachable and talkative, and both extremely knowledgeable. I felt as if I knew them for years!

The third sign was when we reached the fishing grounds. I was simply amazed at the amount of action I had and the amount and variety of big fish, Cod, Cusk, Pollock, even a small Haddock, I reeled in! It seemed as if every time I dropped my Jig, I had a fish on! Captain Ian, who is clearly very experienced, knew when to move and when to stay. There wasn't any second guessing his actions that day.

All in all a very well run boat. This boat is suitable from the first time or novice angler to the more experienced. Tackle and jigs are supplied by the boat at no cost. Unless you loose them. They also sell teases for a small fee.

This is clearly not a nickel and dime operation. This is a family owned and operated business. And I tend to frequent businesses of this type. You can tell the owners treat their employees with respect and compassion. As they treated me, and the rest of the anglers in the same fashion.

If I did not live 6 hours away from Ogunquit, I would be on this boat twice a week! However, I do plan to fish with them again next August, during my next vacation in that area. Whether you are considering this boat for your first fishing experience or you have many trips under your belt on similar boats, you cannot go wrong. However, you will be ruined for life because you will compare every boat you fish from now on to this fantastic boat. It truly is second to none!

Southington, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
“No Frills - Fish Killin Machine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Having fished the Bunny Clark many times, I can attest to the crew putting us on fish every time. She is an older, but well up kept Lobster Boat, very low to the water and very wet all the time. You need to be prepared if you want to stay dry, even on a sunny day so dress accordingly to keep your feet dry! Parking is $10 for the day.
The longer trips are worth going on for fish. Tackle is provided and it is just fine, they do sell a “fly” ($3) which I would suggest you purchase or bring your own as they work very well. They will let use a jig, but if you lose it then you have to buy a replacement.
Fishing is tight quarters and the bench seating area is assigned. You can show up at the Bunny Clark the previous night and sign up on the seat assignment clip board/diagram for a numbered seat if you want to reserve a bench seat area; otherwise it is first come first serve. Small children might have a hard time on the long trip, but would suggest it for anyone who wants some great fishing. These guys find the fish.
Being a small boat, it’s no frills and you need to bring whatever you will need for the day, water, food, ice, etc.; as the Bunny Clark has nothing except a head. The longer trip called the Marathon Trip leaves at 7am and returns 5pm. Remember, this is a small fishing machine and not built for comfort. With that in mind, if you want to catch fish by all means, do go with the Bunny Clark and reel em in.

Middletown, Pennsylvania
“Great first-time deep sea fishing experience for our family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I wanted to go off-shore fishing on our family vacation to Wells, but when I googled around I was really surprised by how much it cost. I had never been before. Essentially, I would have to charter a whole boat for an afternoon.

However, I found the Bunny Clark on-line, and as usual checked out the Tripadvisor reviews.

We went on the afternoon 4 hour trip. I would recommend this if you or your family have never been out on the open ocean before in lieu of the 8 hour trip. My wife, who is normally rock-solid on roller coasters, got sea-sick from the motion about an hour out. My step-daughter (15) did not get sick, and even when the fishing was slow she enjoyed it. If you get sea-sick, there's no going back, and 4 hours of barfing is better than 8. Don't underestimate this. I never really considered this before.

We drove out about 45 minutes before we dropped anchor over one of Captain Tim's favorite spots. My wife and stepdaughter each caught a fish within the first 10 minutes, an 8-lb and a 7-lb cusk. I didn't catch a fish, but I had such a great time I didn't care. The captain and mate took great care of everybody. They were wonderful, told fun stories, and made the afternoon a really good time.

I was a little concerned that it would be crowded on-board, but even with 30 people, there was plenty of room and only a minor tangling of fishing lines. Make sure you take a sweatshirt or rain jacket. You will more than likely get wet, but not soaked. Take a couple bottles of water and crackers or a sandwich. If you have the slightest inkling that you may get sea-sick, take your dramamine in sufficient time before the ride that it takes effect. There is no guarantee that you'll catch fish, but even if not it's a cool family experience.

On our next trip to Maine, we will definitely go on the Bunny Clark again. Captain Tim and Ian made it a fun time, and bringing home fresh fish filets (Ian cleans them right up and even puts the filets in a sealed plastic bag) made it even better. I can't wait to go back.

Belgrade, Maine, United States
“Best Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had so much fun fishing on the Bunny Clark. Our Captain Jared was amazing. Told us lots of history & funny stories about the Bunny Clark. Then we had our mate Alec/aka Bob The Builder'..We gave him that name :) The only way you will get to meet these two interesting & very humorous gentlemen is to go on the Bunny Clark & not only will you catch GREAT fish, but you will have a wonderful time. We had so much fun, we went out on the evening run after being out from 7-3...My husband & I so not regret 1 minute of this day. I hope everyone that goes on the Bunny Clark has as much fun as we did. If you do, then you will understand where "Bob The Builder" fits in..REALAXING BEAUTIFUL DAY! Very Accommodating!!!!!

Visited July 2013