“Neat hotel, super friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Rose Suites
214 Shore Road, P.O. Box 844, Ogunquit, ME 03907   |
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Ogunquit
Texas
“Neat hotel, super friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed with my husband at the Sea Rose Suites for two nights in October. We were greeted by Joe, who is AMAZING! When you think service, you think of Joe. He truly is a gem. The suites are impeccably clean and cozy. Super comfy bed and very nicely decorated. They don't offer restaurant service besides coffee in the mornings but there are plenty of restaurants around. The bedroom is separate from the living area which has a nice sitting/living room, kitchenette and dinette set. It has a fridge, microwave, and sink, plates, glasses, silverware, etc. Gas grills on the hotel grounds if you want to prepare something heartier. Nice small balcony with table and chairs. You have your own assigned parking which I think it's great. Marginal Way and Perkins Cove is a few minutes walk away and it's beautiful. Everything is actually within walking distance. Lots of souvenir shops, but the best for me was the art galleries/shops. Very nice blown glass art. I wouldn't come to Ogunquit during high season but only because I hate crowds, but I can imagine those who don't mind would have a grand time in this neat little coast town. Lovely, lovely hotel in a lovely town. You won't be sorry!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SeaRosesOGT, Owner at Sea Rose Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We so appreciate your wonderful review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. It sounds like you found some wonderful shopping in our local galleries. It's always so nice to have something in your home that reminds you of a little treasured spot that you found in your travels. We have a beautiful glass blown horse that a man produced right in front of us in Venice and each time I walk past it in my house I think of that wonderful trip. :) We hope that if you return to Ogunquit that we will see you again. Thanks again for your nice review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Used trip advisor to plan our accomodation for 3 week road trip in new england, trip advisor certainly did not let us down. Travelled fairly widely in the us, but have to say ogunquit was one of the best places me and my wife have been, we absolutely loved it here. Sea rose suites offered lovely, clean, comfortable, quiet accomodation and will definately stay here again, only had 3 nights it was not long enough, loved perkins cove and the marginal way, never seen so many people walking in america, it was a joy to see, very arty here, lovely resturants, shops, cafes, good location for kittery oulets, lighthouse searching, lots to do. Lovely to meet joe, what a character, (have bought connie and carle joe but yet to watch) , do not hesitate to stay at the sea rose suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your wonderful and comprehensive review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. Joe is so fabulous and we love it when guests recognize that they too appreciate him. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Ogunquit that we will see you again.
Cape Breton Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We - 4 women on a shopping trip - stayed at this lovely property on Sept 24th and 25th. A wonderful place, clean, friendly, appealing to the eye, we have no bad remaks for our suite or the property. I have stayed in Ogunquit before but this has been the best yet and I will definately stay here again. This would make a wonderful vacation spot for family or friends as there is so much room in the suites and on the property. We walked everywhere, there are some excellent restaurants nearby and some lovely small shops.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you ladies chose the Sea Rose Suites for your shopping trip. It sounds like the layout of the suites worked perfectly for you and it was so nice of you to take the time to write such a nice review of your stay. I am sure that you enjoyed the area for shopping and the next time if you choose to stay with us please ask the desk to let me know because my husband will verify the fact that shopping is my "other" profession and possibly I can give you some good local inside shopping tips. :) Thanks again for your great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I called Sea Rose Suites to make a reservation and speaking with Joe I knew that this was the place that we wanted to stay.Joe was full of information about the accomodations that would best fit my family and all of the ammenities that were available.After the phone call we were anxious to go to Sea Rose Suites.We chose the the 2 bedroom townhouse which would be best for 4 adults and a 3 year old boy.The townhouse main entrance is the living room and kitchen fully furnished with full size bath.The lower level consisted of a very large bedroom with 2 queen beds.The upper bedroom consisted 1 king bed, 1/2 bath, and balcony with table and chairs.Every level has a TV. There is a very nice heated indoor pool with whirlpool and a large outdoor heated pool with lounge chairs,tables and umbrellas.Grills available for outdoor cooking on a nice grass area.
This location has easy access to Perkins Cove a 10 minit walk or to Oqunquit Center.There are many fine restaurants and breakfast places Amore Breakfast or Cove Cafe less than the 10 minits.
Morning coffee or tea at 7 am in the lobby.Olga and James provided help for any inquiries.The location is so convient to everthing that you can park your vehicle and not use it until you leave. We enjoyed our stay very much and thank everyone at Sea Rose Suites for providing us a very nice vacation.

Room Tip: Check Trip Advisor room tips
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for writing such a comprehensive and nice review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. We are finding that more and more of your fellow Trip Advisor readers are basing their stay on these unbiased reviews. We are so appreciative of the time it takes to write the review and it really makes a difference for us as well as for other guests. It sounds like the River Terrace House was a perfect fit for you. We are so happy that you loved staying with us and we look forward to your return!
Ballston Spa,, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We recently returned from spending six nights at the Sea Rose Suites as the second part of our Maine vacation celebrating our tenth anniversary. We spent our first three nights in Rockport and drove down to Ogunquit which took a little over two hours. I made the Ogunquit reservations at the last minute so the places that are ocean front where we normally stay were not available. Based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor I decided to try the Sea Rose Suites. Upon arriving I was greeted by Joe, who I agree goes out of his way to make everyone feel welcome. Our room was in the River Terrace townhouses building. We had a one bedroom unit which was very modern and appeared to be recently remodeled. I was a little concerned about the upstairs sleeping arrangements because of our three year old son, but Joe provided us with a gate to block off the staircase at night. The suites are very close to Perkins Cove and the Marginal Way path. They are also resonably close to the beach and if you wanted to walk there it is certainly doable. As far as ammenities, this is not a resort so don't expect the types of things that some of the ocean front properties offer. They do however have two very nice pools, one inside and one out and a nice lawn behind the parking area with tables and gas grilles. They have complimentary coffee available every morning in the main building and a self service laundy room. The suites are very close to many restaurants and we tried Roberto's Pizzaria one night which was about a two minute walk.

As always, my wife decided she wanted to stay an extra night and of course our room was already rented for that night. The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was kind enough to move us to a two bedroom unit for our last two nights at the same rate. This unit was also very nice with three floors and had lots of space and would be great for a larger family. We certainly appreciated the flexabilty in allowing us to move to the other unit. I would certainly recommend the Sea Rose suites to anyone and would enjoy staying here again.

Room Tip: there are three buildings, the main building appeared to be the most popular
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a nice review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. The fact that you extended your stay with us is a compliment and we are happy that we had availability for you. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Ogunquit that we will see you again. Thanks again for your review!
Preston, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I went here for the first time to celebrate our 5th anniversary and loved it. The front desk staff was wonderful and we could not say enough of them. Joe was wonderful and was willing to help us out in any way he could. Olga helped us out one morning and was so wonderful about it. The rooms are very modern and clean as well as the rest of the hotel. The one thing I would change if I could would to be able to swim later in the indoor pool area other than that we loved this place. We agreed to spend our anniversary here every year from now on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. Thanks also for mentioning Joe and Olga....we think that they are both amazing and we love it when guests feel the same way. Happy Anniversary! We look forward to seeing you on your next anniversary! We are honored that you liked your stay so much that you will come back each year!
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went there few days ago. Very good location in Ogunquit. Right in the middle between Ogunquit and Perkins cove. Service at the front desk was like in a 5 stars hotel. Room's could be a bit more modern, but I guess it's part of the deal when you go in Ogunquit. Very nice hotel, I couldn't find better there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SeaRosesOGT, Owner at Sea Rose Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. Thank you also for appreciating the great service that our fabulous desk staff gives to our guests. I think that you stayed in one of the VERY few remaining suites that have not been totally redecorated. I wish that you had the chance to see the other recently redecorated suites. We will be completing our remaining suites this winter and hopefully you will come back and stay with us again. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised. We purchased the property just a few years ago and have been constantly upgrading and renovating, and we are almost there for a completion date. :)

Been to Sea Rose Suites? Share your experiences!