“Wonderful Motel by the sea....happy pets....fantastic staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Captain's Quarters

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Captain's Quarters
483 Main Street, Ogunquit, ME   |
Ranked #11 of 37 hotels in Ogunquit
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Motel by the sea....happy pets....fantastic staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Our family has been coming to Ogunquit for 26 yrs. Started off at most of the hotels then moved on to cottage rentals. Our pug, Bailey, doesn't do well in kennels...separation anxiety...so a few years back we began looking for pet friendly accomodations. While there are quite a few places that allow dogs, none come close to the Captain's Quarters. Our unit had 2 bedrooms. Our room had a king size bed and our children had the room with the twin beds. Their room had a bureau while ours did not. There is a storage/coat area in the living room which we utilized. We loved the comfortable beds and had a great nights sleep! The living room was very nice and extremely warm and comfortable. The bathroom and shower are newly renovated. The shower was a big hit with everyone....my 6'4" husband and 6'5" son...lots of room, beautiful details and EXTREMELY CLEAN!! Kitchen appliances, toaster, refrigerator and coffee maker are all available and super clean as is the entire room. Since we know the area well, walking our dog was easy. We stayed in the off season, so traffic was not a problem. In the summer months, this area will be very busy and you will need to walk in the back of the property. We did see the patio and it looks like it would be nice in the warmer months. There are a lot of restaurants around the area.
Some an easier walk than others. Some easier to drive to or to take the trolly. Location is wonderful. We prefer the Footbridge Beach (much more room when it is low tide...and very family friendly) although Ogunquit Beach is the "happening place" and we try to go to both. we can not say enough about the staff! We felt so welcome upon our arrival for check in at the Gazebo Inn. Scott and Peter greeted us and checked us in so quickly and showed us our beautiful room. Our family loved staying here and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been to Ogunquit many times and returned in August with our dog. We selected this hotel because its pet-friendly. We found the property to be well-maintained and comfortable. We had a room with two bedrooms, one with a queen bed and one with two twins. The rooms are a little tight. In the queen bed room the bed took up the whole room so you could not put your suit case down. There was a living room so we put it out there. There is a small kitch with a microwave, kurig and a frig. I suggest brining paper plates, cups, and untensils as there was not too much provided. There was a toaster so we made toast and ate cearal. (only two bowls and cups so bring your own) The bathroom was recently redone and had beautiful tile. The property is connected to the Gazebo Inn which has a pool and you can pay for a pass. I dont suggest walking between the properties as they are a little distance apart on a busy road with no sidewalks. The captains quarters does not have too much land. There is a small patio for your use. The location is convenient and you can easily walk into town. The Egg and I is right next door if you dont want to eat in the room. We found the staff very friendly. I would recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms vary in size so you need to pick one with the sleeping accomodations that fit your group.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at the Captain Quarters after the freak snow storm in October 2011 and then during Sandy in October 2012. During both storms we lost power at our home. So we packed up our family and our two golden retrivers and headed to the Captain Quarters. Each time we were welcomed like family and felt at home. The beautiful rooms, the cleanlines, and the warm atmosphere brought our stress levels down and we had a wonderful time. Now, if mother nature could hold off on our yearly storm it would be nice to go to the Captain Quarters for a planned vacation.

• Stayed October 2012
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My 8 year old dog is well traveled through out New England. I thought I knew the better dog freindly places for us to stay. I found a new one. I was, as always, a little nervous about trying someplace new. And I became very pleasantly suprised! The team at Captain's Quarters was freindly, helpful and welcoming. Check in took less than a minute. Upon arrival to my room, I found a brand new leather seating area, a super comfy king size bed and a bath that I wish I had at home. They advertise "recently renovated." The level of detail that has been put into the room and the property speaks volumes about the attention the owners give to ensure guests are made comfortable. It was super clean, with upscale amenities and cute dog art. While the grounds are small, the landscaping was well done. The patio and bbq is a nice amenity. And other amenities are available at the captain's sister properties. The location is super convenient. And my requests were cheerfully accomodated! Most importantly, my dog was comfy and happy to stay there. Since I have family in the area, I plan on many return visits.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3. It was large and comfy. There are bigger and smaller rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although this was our first stay at the Captains Quarters, it was our second experience of Scott and Bruces hospitality. We had previously stayed at 2V with our dog Lucy and loved it, but this time, we decided to travel with our friends and so opted for the Captains Quarters, we were not disaapointed. We stayed in room #3. It was a great size and had everything we needed. It is so good to find somewhere that welcomes your dog the way that these genial hosts do. I have no qwarms paying the pet fee as every penny goes to the local shelter. We are now looking forward to our return visit to 2V in December.

Thank you for being so accommodating to us but more importantly, our dog Lucy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Captain's Quarters welcomed my spouse, me, and our 2 dogs with open arms. The owners took the time not just to show us to our beautiful room but to direct us to the doggy amenities they provide. The room was a modest one bedroom but it had every efficiency one could hope for. It had a coffee brew machine with high quality coffee and a mini-fridge. The bed was heavenly, like sleeping on a cloud. The owners do not cut corners. Every anticipated luxury is provided and the rents are very reasonable. As soon as we arrived the owner told us about an awesome new doggy run in Ogunquit that was a joy to go to. The owners also run the Gazebo Inn down Rt. 1 in easy walking distance from the Captain's Quarters. The Gazebo features a breakfast for guests of both establishments. You just can't do breakfast any better. It’s self serve all you can eat with 2 hot choices per day, cereal, yogurt and only $8 per person. You can enjoy your breakfast in the inn's beautiful breakfast room or go outside to the shaded and comfortable large patio. You can't beat the welcome, amenities, reasonable rents, well decorated and appointed rooms, owner's tips and knowledge of the locale, their hospitality or that breakfast. I still think about the scrambled eggs with home grown spinach. The co-owner/cook gave me the recipe. Be good to yourself and your dogs, stay at the Captain's Quarters!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated with no expense spared. If you can afford it, the larger rooms a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Finally a lodging that is pet-friendly and still homey. No smells, bad carpeting or tacky furniture. We have stayed at Gazebo Inn and 2V so knew that the rooms would be well decorated and maintained. I loved having a door directly outside for pet walking! We stayed in a two bedroom suite with a separate parlor that had a sofa sleeper and refrigerator/microwave. We will definitely stay again and bring my parents next time due to the accessibility. Also loved the convenience of Lobster Pound across the street, Egg & I right next door, and the easy short walk downtown. We will be booking as often as our schedules will allow!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Captain's Quarters? Share your experiences!