“Amazing slice of paradise” 5 of 5 stars

518 Main Street, Ogunquit, ME 03907   |
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Amazing slice of paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We have been going to the Dunes for 7 years and have enjoyed every minute we have spent there. The views are beautiful- overlooking the tidal river with the dunes and ocean beyond. As soon as you pull in the driveway, you realize you have found a slice of paradise just outside Ogunquit center. The entire staff- Katie Tammie, Scott, Celeste, Dwayne, Brandon and others make each visit wonderful. Going to the Dunes is like going to a second home and the people- as well as the setting- are what makes it so special

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Winthrop, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Everything was perfect, including the weather, thank you!
Life at the Dunes just keeps getting better and better! Wish we could stay forever and are anxious to go back SOON!
Thank you for another wonderful 2 weeks:)

Pam and Ed Racicot

Room Tip: All are very comfortable............cottages , rooms, etc:)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
East Greenbush, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This resort is quiet, relaxing and very unique. There are quaint cottages and guest rooms spread over 12 acres right on the Ogunquit River. The view of the river, dunes and ocean is absolutely beautiful! We spend a week there each June as a family and it is such a thrill for our grandsons to experience all it has to offer. They love to walk across the river in the morning searching for crabs and spend the afternoons in the gorgeous renovated pool. The grounds are beautiful and the staff very friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend this resort!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Guilderland, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

It has taken me a week to come down from my experience. This year has been such a memorable and eventful one adding our weekend of the 13th of June propelled it even higher. Upon arriving on a cold and rainy day, my partner and I were met by Katie and Scott whose warmth and kindness immediately melted the dampness. As we were checking in we were informed that we were being upgraded to a more spacious cabin. Well that sent us over the moon. Our time, like rest of the weekend, just kept getting better. At check-in, sharing my "engagement ring " with Katie and Scott we were floored to find champagne in our kitchen. To even begin to express this sentiment is nearly impossible. This is our 7th year together and 7th staying at the dunes. We are brought back to carefree days of shuffle board, romance of being still sitting in the adirondack chairs, and the power of great service that endearing quality that let's you know you are being taking care of. This is home!

Senoia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

To Katie and Aaron at the Dunes:

My husband and I want to thank you for a perfect stay. The setting for the Dunes is unbelievable. I think we had the perfect room in 16B for the setting and privacy. It was just what we needed. The grounds and the rooms are unbelievably well maintained. We loved all of the flowers. They add so much to the overall beauty of the grounds. They seem to thrive in the cooler temps. Down south it gets so hot, it is hard to keep them nice throughout the season.

The furnishings are nice and the bathroom was beautiful. We tried to be very respectful of the property. One of my favorite things was that each room had their own umbrella and chairs. We spent a lot of mornings and evenings sitting out there. Having an assigned parking space was great. It makes things so much easier.

Being able to sleep with the windows raised was so cool. It sounds like a small thing but we are not able to enjoy that in the South. It goes from cold to blazing hot it seems in no time here.

My husband is a smoker (he smokes outside even at home) and I also think about that when planning vacations. I worried about him having an area where he could smoke. I know you would rather not have smoking at all on the property but I appreciate the fact that you do try to accommodate by having an ashtray available to take outside.

Its hard to get my husband to take a vacation. He told me a couple of months ago that he wanted us to eat lobster in Maine. That’s how I started researching and found the Dunes. He said over and over during our stay that I had found us the perfect place. When we left, he said that this was the best vacation he had ever had.

Our kids are grown but we would love to bring them one day and rent a two bedroom cottage. Either way, we hope to come back soon. Thank you again so much.

Take care,
Teresa Jones

Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We loved staying at The Dunes on the Waterfront in Ogunquit. The grounds were spacious and beautiful and our room was very comfortable. The cottages looked fantastic and will will try to stay in one another time. The view of the tidal river and the ocean was fantastic. We love the gorgeous green lawn and the trees and flower beds. We felt very welcome and they welcomed our service dog too. We will be back!

Green Features: Their property was green as spacious and their groundskeepers uses environmentally friendly products.
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I decided to forego the usual hotel accommodations in favor of something a bit more rustic for our annual early June vacation to the southern Maine coast. We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at a cottage at The Dunes on the Waterfront. The cottages are kind of laid out like a campground, with copious adirondack chairs and tables for outdoor enjoyment. The Dunes sit right on the bank of the Ogunquit River, and the fragrance of the salt air and the beach roses was intoxicating. The grounds are well-kept and there are many seasonal flowers and trees to enjoy alongside the birds singing. Drinking my morning coffee outdoors was never more pleasant.

The interior of our cottage was clean and well-maintained, with necessary hotel comforts like a refrigerator, flat-screen TV, and Keurig coffee maker (with Newman's Own coffee!). There was even a power strip with USB ports on one of the nightstands for your phone/laptop/tablet charging needs. The WiFi signal was solid, too.

My only "issue" was the size of the bathroom utilities. I am a tall person, so the low-profile toilet and the confining size of the shower stall were not optimal for me. If you are of smaller stature, this shouldn't be a problem.

However, even the shortcomings of the bathroom would not stop me from returning to the Dunes. I can't wait for our next stay.

Green Features: The Dunes had friendly reminder signs posted in the bathroom to reuse your towels if you feel that they don't need to be washed. That's fine with me, I do that at home anyway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Dunes on the Waterfront? Share your experiences!