Ogunquit was our last stop on our coastal Maine vacation, and The Dunes topped off the trip with grace. This gorgeous piece of property on the ocean [with a tide pool in between], was built in 1936. Although it has been updated, it retains it warmth, charm and appeal from an earlier and simpler time. There is a huge lawn, and I mean huge; so children can play ball or just play. The Dunes is a perfect place for families, grandparents, parents and the grandchildren. There are a choice of rooms, from motel rooms to two bedroom cottages including a darling screened in porch, fireplace and even a clothesline! [I told you this resort reminds you of an earlier time]. The resort is special, but it is the staff and their attention to detail that really puts The Dunes in a very elite category. Not only is this resort darling, but it is absolutely spotless. You could eat off of any floor here. For example, I saw an employee with a squeegee and a rag wiping off the morning dew from the tables and Adirondack chairs!! The housekeepers make the beds with 3 sheets, so you have a top sheet. There are rowboats to use when the tide is high, so that you can row over to the beach. There is a jungle gym, basketball hoop, heated pool and croquet set for the children. In the comfortable reception area, there is a fresh from the orchard bowl of apples to take, for a quick snack. If you are looking for luxury or the Ritz Carlton, then do not come here. But, if you are looking for a marvelous resort to bring your family and have a wonderful time, a time that reminds you of Ozzie & Harriett times, then make your reservations NOW. The Dunes is very busy with repeat families year after year. The Dunes is a very special place on this planet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended accommodations for family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit, Maine