We had a wonderful time at the Dunes. Unfortunately, for those that stay only for a few days, the choice is limited to the motel unit and the primary reason I say unfortunately is that the cottages looks great. While the unit was small, it was very clean and we spent such little time in the unit, it really didn't matter. But what is great about the Dunes is the property and the location. The property is something out of movie set - a dozen cottages with Adirondack chairs all set on a very large lawn overlooking the tidal river. Totally picturesque and totally unexpected. Every other place we passed was one room on top of each other. This was all very nicely spread out, quiet and peaceful, even with lots of kids having fun in the pool (we are well past the stage of having young kids). The pool was very nice too, but the view of the river and the proximety to the footbridge beach was also great. One day we walked through the river on low tide and then walked the beach all the way into town. Not a terribly long walk but not short either. Another day, we walked to the footbridge beach which was about 1/2 hour. Ogunquit is great for eating, poking, relaxing, swiming (if you don't mind really cold water), walking on the beach, eating, and relaxing (those were repeated on purpose). Maybe next time we will get a cottage and stay longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended accommodations for family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit, Maine