We booked a motel room for our stay, and were pleasantly surprised that while we were staying in a tiny room, it was part of one of the cottages with a beautiful view of the tidal river and dunes. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with widely spread cottages allowing views of the tidal river and dunes from most of the cottages. The cottages have adirondack chairs or patio sets for each unit allowing for and encouraging enjoyment of the grounds and the views. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. It is a 10 minute walk into the center of town from the resort, and there is a trolley stop across the street for those who don't want to walk. There aren't any sidewalks, and there is a lot of traffic, so walking is ok, but I wouldn't want to try it at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended accommodations for family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit, Maine