“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
GreenLeadersGold level
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

What a great place to enjoy early spring! Staff was fantastic...they know how to treat their guests!! We enjoyed the kitchen and bar right off the lobby and you can't beat the location! Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear We_Love_ME
Thank you for sharing your experience with our staff and your stay at The Beachmere. We work hard to make sure guests enjoy their time with us and I'll share your comments with them. We hope to see you again in picturesque Ogunquit!

Sarah Diment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Raynham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here twice now in room 12, the first time was for our honey moon, second was our one year anniversary. The service and location are excellent but this time there were a few disappointments.

I want to start by saying the service here is always excellent. The staff is very accommodating and overall positive and happy that you are staying here at the Beachmere. This I believe is important, because it is rather expensive.

Another positive is obviously the views of Ogunquit beach as well as the ocean and marginal way. In the past, only people staying at the Beachmere were allowed on the grounds. This time the gate to marginal way was held open by a bungee cord which made me ask myself, why am I paying so much to stay here again?

We were disappointed that the screen door had been removed from our room. It was nice to have the main door open with the screen door closed to keep the bugs out and add privacy from other guests walking by. Instead, we had to keep the main door completely open.

We were also disappointed that the guestbook which other people wrote many many entries about their stay over the years (including ours from the previous year) had been removed. Instead, there was a brand new book with only one entry.

I do not understand why the screen door was not replaced but instead simply removed and the guest book was not simply just left in our room (with the addition of a new one).

To pay this kind of money per night ($300+), I expected as good if not better than the first time we came. Maybe we'll be back for our 5 year anniversary but certainly not next year. Oh well.

Dear Mr._Nice_Guy120

I recently read your TA review from your stay with us from May. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us. I'm sorry that your stay was marred by the fact that you did not have a screen door on your room and that the guest book with remarks from previous guests was replaced with a new guest comment book.

We have been working on our Spring to do list, which includes the reinstallation of all of our screen doors on rooms, including the one you stayed in. With such a late spring to this area, screens haven't really been needed. Room 12's screen door is removed for the winter due to the direct exposure it gets from the ocean. Had we known (a simple call to the front desk would have sufficed) that this was impacting your stay, we would have installed the screen door that very day, in fact, within the hour of your call.

The guest book from previous years not being in the room, would have received the same high priority treatment from us. The guest books are taken out of the rooms each winter when the Victorian building is closed. We survey guest remarks that have been made in order to see if any improvements have been suggested and put these items on our "to do" list. If the guest book is tattered, we retire it to our storage. If it is in good shape, and full, we leave it in the room, along with a new guest book so that guests can enjoy each others comments from previous years before entering their own remembrances. In the case of the guest book in your room, we determined that it was full and also tattered, and therefore decided to put it in with our historical documents in storage - thus the new guest book which you found.

We are in the people pleasing business. I wish we could have resolved each of these while you were here. I apologize that these items impacted your satisfaction with our Inn. Please, if you do choose to come to us again, do not hesitate to ask any of our staff for any item that would enhance your experience.

Sarah Diment
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've been to the Beachmere before, long ago, before all of the fabulous renovations. Even then it was a great place to vacation. But now, they've added so many additional features (an eatery, spa, fire pit, elevator in the Victorian), it truly is a spectacular place so spend some time. Trust me, you'll never want to leave.

I spent Mother's Day weekend (Thurs-Sun) here for a mental health break from my family :-) I wanted to be very lazy and well taken care of. They delivered on all fronts. I only left the property once in four days. You don't even need to. Just sitting and watching the ocean is enough :-)

Room 37 in the Victorian has a queen bed, a turret view of the ocean, on the third floor where you can keep the windows open at night, and a small walk to a private balcony. It's literally 10 feet from your room door. The kitchenette had everything you need to cook for one: a fridge, microwave, hot plate with pans, dishes, etc. The only time I ventured out for food was for the Friday Prime Rib, which was top notch.

A lot of people come here as couples or families but I can say, as a solo traveler, I never once felt odd being a single. Every staff person greeted me with a smile, asked if I needed anything, and chatted with me so I was never lonesome.

With lots of family gatherings on the lawn and the Marginal Way just out the window, I spent several glorious days just people watching, ocean watching, soaking up sunshine and laughter, and nights being lulled to sleep with the sound of waves tickling the rocks. What more could you want?

I've been to 22 countries in about a dozen years and you'll be hard pressed to find a place this special anywhere. It's worth it. Book now. Make some memories. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have the best eagle eye views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Branford, Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Spent a long weekend at the Beachmere. Loved that we could walk everywhere; we stayed the weekend before Memorial Day and there was lots of traffic. Cannot say one negative thing...staff was pleasant,rooms were comfy, included breakfast was good..weather was wonderful. Highly recommend the Beachmere.

Room Tip: Any room would be just fine, we stayed in Victorian #5, overlooking beach with refrigerator, micro a...
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We are an elderly couple and Mom has mobility issues. We stayed at the Victorian at the ground level, room 7, and it was just perfect. The room or suite was immaculate, beautifully decorated and had every convenience one would need. The room service was spot on and the help, friendly, professional, and accommodating in every way. As for the Inn itself, its location was more than ideal. My bed was situated so that I could and did enjoy the sights and sounds of the ocean each day as I lay back in comfort. The grass and chairs and tables were well tended and added to the environs. A stone's throw from the walkway, through the gate, and there you were on the edge of high point overlooking everything. I loved to sit on benches available and enjoy nature at its best.
Breakfast was free, and more than adequate in a beautifully designed dining area.
We opted to eat in the tavern on the premises, and the menu suited our taste very well. I recommend the chowder and lobster roll. Delicious!

I only hope that I can return often and stay longer. Excellent choice on my part.

Room Tip: I only hope I can choose the same room next time. Bottom floors do hear movement overhead quite easi...
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 at the Beachmere in April. The location looking over the cliffs cannot be beat! Our room had a queen bed in one room and then 2 twin beds as part of the living room. It was great to have the kids with a separate sleep area so we could keep the TV on without fear of keeping them up. There was a kitchen area with everything we needed- utensils, plates, glasses and even a cutting board. The front desk gave us movies and microwave popcorn for the kids which made one of our very rainy evenings not so bad! There are two small reasons we did not rate the hotel as excellent...1) because the heat made a lot of noise...it was hard to get a good night's sleep with the noise and 2) the continental breakfast on the 2nd morning we were there had stale bagels and a pastry that looked like it had been left over from the previous morning. The breakfast on day 2 did not seem totally fresh. These 2 reasons would not cause us to stay away...we had a great time, felt welcome and will see come back to the Beachmere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

One of the best things about the Beachmere Inn is the variety of rooms. We have stayed in all three buildings, both as a group, a couple and solo. The third floor of the Victorian feels like a private floor, and the ground floor and terrace rooms put you almost at the water's edge. The newer rooms in the West building are beautiful, spacious and comfortable, and the South suites have a fabulous view of the beach and plenty of privacy. All rooms we have stayed in have been spotless and the housekeeping staff has been friendly and courteous.
The location is incredibly convenient -- just park your car and walk to the village, the beach, and Perkins Cove. Be sure to get up early to see at least one sunrise and walk the Marginal Way at sunset!

Room Tip: The hotel's website has great pictures of every room on the property -- be sure to check them ou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Beachmere Inn? Share your experiences!