We have been to the Meadowmeare many times. It is conveniently located. Not far from the beach, Marginal Way, Perkin's Cove, the Ogunquit Theatre, the main town, & many nice restaurants & shops. We have walked to most of the places mentioned, but there is a trolley stop near the hotel that charges $1.50 each way. There is a charge for parking in Perkin's Cove & it is usually crowded with tourists. For a change of scenery it is a short ride to Kennebunkport...another nice resort town & also close to York, ME & the Kittery Mall is not too far away for something to do on a rainy day.
The hotel is well maintained. The grounds with it's many flowers is inviting. There is an indoor & outdoor pool & Jacuzzi as well as a theatre & work out room. There is a pub on the property where continental breakfast is available & included with the price of the room. It is also open for lunch & weekends there is entertainment. There is ample free parking for guests. The staff is friendly & helpful.
Our room on the second floor of the Main Building was large with a King bed & there was a table & two chairs that came in handy since I brought the breakfast items back to the room. The bathroom was small & confining with the sink outside the door. There was a very small patio with two chairs that fit side by side but was next to the back of the air conditioner that was blowing hot air.
Remember to bring a hairdryer because they do not provide one.
All in all I feel that the Meadowmeare is a fine choice for couples and families and the room rate is reasonable for a resort so close to everything. We had AAA so got a discount.
You will not be disappointed with this hotel choice....enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Meadowmere Hotel
- Meadowmere Resort Ogunquit
- Meadowmere Hotel Ogunquit
- Meadowmere Resort Ogunquit, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Meadowmere Resort. No other Ogunquit hotel offers a guest experience quite like The Meadowmere. Its outstanding amenities, great location and every room choice to make your hotel stay unique – There are endless package choices to customize your vacation.The Meadowmere Resort is set on the Southern Coast of Maine, one hour away from greater Boston. A favorite Maine vacation resort for generations, our hotel is popular for gourmet getaways featuring the fine dining of Ogunquit’s restaurants, Maine weddings, corporate meetings and year-round vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Meadowmere Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.