We have been to the Meadowmeare many times. It is conveniently located. Not far from the beach, Marginal Way, Perkin's Cove, the Ogunquit Theatre, the main town, & many nice restaurants & shops. We have walked to most of the places mentioned, but there is a trolley stop near the hotel that charges $1.50 each way. There is a charge for parking in Perkin's Cove & it is usually crowded with tourists. For a change of scenery it is a short ride to Kennebunkport...another nice resort town & also close to York, ME & the Kittery Mall is not too far away for something to do on a rainy day.
The hotel is well maintained. The grounds with it's many flowers is inviting. There is an indoor & outdoor pool & Jacuzzi as well as a theatre & work out room. There is a pub on the property where continental breakfast is available & included with the price of the room. It is also open for lunch & weekends there is entertainment. There is ample free parking for guests. The staff is friendly & helpful.
Our room on the second floor of the Main Building was large with a King bed & there was a table & two chairs that came in handy since I brought the breakfast items back to the room. The bathroom was small & confining with the sink outside the door. There was a very small patio with two chairs that fit side by side but was next to the back of the air conditioner that was blowing hot air.
Remember to bring a hairdryer because they do not provide one.
All in all I feel that the Meadowmeare is a fine choice for couples and families and the room rate is reasonable for a resort so close to everything. We had AAA so got a discount.
You will not be disappointed with this hotel choice....enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin a tradition at The Meadowmere Resort, a family owned inn in the heart of Ogunquit. Relax with award winning amenities, great location, environmental excellence and every room choice to make your hotel stay special. Set on the Southern Coast of Maine and one hour away from Boston, the Meadowmere is a favorite Maine vacation resort for generations. Enjoy gourmet getaways, spa packages, Maine weddings, corporate meetings and year-round vacations in the heart of Ogunquit Maine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Meadowmere Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meadowmere Resort Ogunquit, Maine
- Meadowmere Hotel Ogunquit