“customer weekend at the meadowmere” 5 of 5 stars

30% off room rate
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
uxbridgge
“customer weekend at the meadowmere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Meadowmere resort in Ogunquit had a customer appreciation weekend in march and it was great. We had a nice time in The West meadow Pub on Friday evening. The resort provided cheese, crackers and a glass of wine for the invited guest. Pub staff was friendly ( as always) It was nice to see managers of resort pay a visit to the guest in the pub.
Resort was very clean and pool - hot tub - and Roman Spa were wonderful. We met up with some family that were stying up the road and they said that they wished that they stayed at The Meadowmere. Resort has alot more to offer than where they were. We have been staying at the resort for more than twenty years and I WOULD RECOMEND THE RESORT TO ANYONE. Resort is always clen and inviting. Staff is always friendly and willing to make your stay great. It is a great place to stay anytime of the year. See you in April.

Room Tip: King rooms are great. Westmeadow fireplace is our favorite. Matbe number 501?
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review – and for joining us for an Appreciation Weekend!

It was our pleasure to welcome you back and thank you for the compliments on our accommodations and service. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the Appreciation Weekend. These special weekends allow us to say thank you and to support causes – for each Appreciation Stay a donation is made to the charity selected by our guests on Facebook. It is a time when we personally thank you for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you in April and hope that your new friends can join us as well. Thank you for being a fan!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

,We booked a last minute family vacation in late February. The day before we were to leave my youngest son became ill. Under Dr.s advise we were forced to cancel our vacation. I called meadowmere and was treated so kindly, they were very understanding. The girl I spoke with was warm and genuine. They stuck with policy of no refunds but credited our stay for next time. I was happy with the way I was treated and look forward to our future stay!!

• Stayed February 2013
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Melissa525

Thank you for your review – and for choosing the Meadowmere for your last minute family trip.

It was our pleasure to help you and thank you for the compliments on our hotel and our service. We hope everyone is feeling much better and it was our pleasure to accommodate the change with an exception to our cancellation policy for you. We certainly understand that this was a quite a flu season. We are happy to know that our service made a difference and we hope you can join us to enjoy the hotel and Ogunquit soon!

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went to Ogunquit for a winter weekend get-a-away. We stayed in a rear facing room in the rear separate building. Nothing special here. The beds were just ok, the linens just ok. It was very clean. We had to turn off the heat at night since there is no thermostatic control. It's one of those forced hot air units. I think the summer prices they post in the inside of the door are highway robbery. The outdoor jacuzzi that we had wanted to try we didn't because it is next to the main road and not open on Sunday night even on a long weekend. All in all an okay motel that has an indoor pool which probably attracts a lot of people with kids.

Room Tip: If you want quiet stay in the rear building although you will have to go outside to get to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear islandgirl88

Thank you for your review and we thank you for visiting us for a quiet season getaway.

The East Meadow is often a favorite for our regular guests, especially with the quiet location. Though a separate building and guests do go outside to reach our amenities, including pools and hot tubs, the location provides for extra privacy and, in nice weather, a large outside garden space. We are surprised that the location of the outdoor hot tub was a concern as this was your third visit with us and the amenity was open from 8am until 10 pm on the Sunday night of your visit. The indoor pool is a popular family amenity, especially during the school vacation weeks of February. As a quiet escape was mentioned as important during booking this reservation, it was our pleasure to advise this guest that it was a busy family vacation time and to recommend the East Meadow so we could best accommodate your needs.

We certainly understand that personal preferences for bedding exist and often are able to assist a guest – We hope you will let us know on your next stay your preferences to find the best accommodations for you in the future. Thank you for the compliments on our cleanliness and we are happy that you joined us during the quiet season, when stays are at a value for you.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked a night away at the resort after reading the rave reviews. Dog was at kennel, car was packed, kids were literally strapping in when the phone rang -- the pool was broken, and the desk clerk couldn't say when it would be working again -- "but definitely not today." With no guarantees that it would be open the next day, either, and with two little kids very excited to be swimming in Maine during a snow storm, we reluctantly canceled and asked them to refer us to another place nearby with a pool. After an hour-plus drive, we arrived, and although the new hotel was very welcoming, the pool was quite small. The kids were great sports, but in an effort to salvage the trip, I called the Meadowmere that night and was told that yes, the pool would be opening in the morning. I explained what had happened and asked if we could purchase a day pass. A little common sense and kindness here would have saved our vacation and made our family life-long fans. Instead the desk clerk told me the pool was closed to 'outsiders' (her words) during winter vacation. The snarkiness was the exact opposite of what we experienced at the hotel where we stayed, which will have our business from now on.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear emal33

It is with our apologies to respond to your posting and we thank you for originally booking your stay with us. We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations.

At the Meadowmere, there are several water amenities available in the quiet season, including the Roman Spa, Outdoor Hot Tub and Indoor Pool. Each of our water areas are tested daily, often throughout the day, to maintain safe and clean water, especially as it only takes a single guest to change the proper pool levels. It is of importance to us to provide pools and hot tubs in compliance with not only state, but federal regulations. In advance of this guest’s arrival, our indoor heated pool was not up to our standards and a decision was made at 7am on Sunday morning to clean the water. At no time was the pool broken and unable to be repaired; The amenity simply needed to be refilled and heated and would be opening the next morning. Though clearly not our preference to have pool maintenance impact our guests, we take guest health and safety seriously and will not allow for guests to swim in a pool that is not up to our exacting standards for their safety.

In advance of this guest’s arrival, they were contacted to offer the opportunity to cancel without penalty as we know that the Indoor Pool can be an important factor in a family vacation with us. In addition, we had contacted local hotels with pools to advise our guests still looking to come to the area with alternatives. Though the many guests we contacted chose to continue to stay with us, this guest took advantage of both cancelling their reservation with us and rebooking with another hotel. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate non hotel guests at our pool during busy periods. This is stated on our website: ‘Our indoor pool is an amenity frequently in high demand by our Meadowmere Resort guests. To balance the needs of our resort guests, the Indoor Pool is available to members off-season October 1st through May 31st from Sunday 2pm- Friday 2pm and is Closed Friday 2:00pm-Sunday 2:00pm and School Vacation Periods in February, April and December. Special closings for parties and maintenance may subject hours to change.’

We were happy to be able to provide you with the option to cancel your reservation with us and with options to enjoy a vacation at a nearby hotel with pool. Though disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience, we are confident that we attempted to make your experience a success and clearly communicated that our pool and amenities are for guest use during busy periods.

We thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Although we appreciate your business, we are happy to know that you have located accommodations to suit your future needs.

Thank you for sharing your concerns.
Malden, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you read my earlier review of the Meadowmere, you'll know that I love this place. Since writing that review, I've been back twice more, and much of what I said before still applies. However, this time (my fifth stay here), I did have a somewhat disappointing incident. I was again staying with a friend, for our annual January getaway.

As it was January in Maine, the fact that it was cold wasn't surprising. We went to the outdoor hot tub and had a great time. However, upon getting out, I slipped on the icy mats and fell flat on my back. I was okay, but when I told the front desk of the incident, the only response I got was "Oh yes. We've been changing out those mats frequently; guess we need to do it again. Thanks for letting us know." No attempt to find out who I was or what room I was in.

The next morning at checkout, I again mentioned this. This person took my information and filled out an accident report, something I was told should have been done the previous evening. When I got home I got an e-mail from the Meadowmere asking about my stay. I told this story and requested a callback. I did indeed hear from the manager the next day; she told me she was very distressed to hear that the proper procedure hadn't been followed, and that the person in question had been reprimanded.

All of which was nice, and she did seem concerned, so why am I writing this? Because, given that this is my fifth stay at the Meadowmere, I feel that they should have offered me something...a free night at my next stay, a dinner at Jonathon's next door, even an upgrade on my next stay (which has happened spontaneously once before)..SOMETHING. It would simply have been good corporate policy, because now I have a little bad feeling about them. True, I wasn't hurt (just a little stiffness the next day), but it was just good luck that I didn't hit my head..and they did freely acknowledge that the icy mats were their fault.

Not a deal-breaker, and I will stay there again, but I think the situation could have been more wisely handled. For a small cost to the resort, they could have gotten a BIG payoff in good will. Just saying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Calsmom2001

Thank you for choosing the hotel for your January getaway and returning to visit us this winter season.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you during your stay and apologize for your experience. During winter in Maine, we make every effort to provide safe access to and from our outdoor hot tub area, especially as dripping water and snow tend to freeze due to Mother Nature in January. To address this, rubber mats provide a path to and from the hot tub. These mats are rotated regularly throughout the day which is logged into a record – during the dates of this stay, mats were rotated hourly, as is standard policy. The path is marked with a large red sign indicating that caution is needed when accessing the hot tub area as guests should still proceed slowly to be safe.

We understand that such an incident can be concerning and thank you for bringing it to our attention so that more training can be provided to that individual. We apologize again if our desk staff’s response that day did not meet expectations and we have addressed this matter with the employee directly. We are genuinely surprised to learn that compensation now seems appropriate after the fact when writing an online review. We are disappointed to hear that our Front Office Manager’s and General Manager’s immediate response and follow up was insufficient – that certainly was not our impression when speaking with this guest.

Should you wish to discuss further, we welcome you to contact us.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you are looking for a nice little break to help you get through this winter weather, try the Meadowmere in Ogunquit. It is a nice, friendly, clean, affordable getaway!!! This is a place where you can go and relax and have a great time. They have a nice pool and a great outdoor hot tub. We met lots of nice friendly people in the hot tub and also in the small pub they have there. They had entertainment on Saturday night and it was lots of fun. The Musicians name was Joe McDonald and he knew lots of great stuff and was very interactive with the crowd. The front desk staff was friendly and very accomodating as was the housekeeping. The hotel has a workout room and also a nice room to get a massage. It is a great place to go as a romantic getaway, as a girls weekend, or with a group of friends. I have gone many times to this place and always enjoy myself. They also have a fabulous package that includes dinner and 2 breakfasts, definitely a great deal if you like good food. Hope this is helpful to you!

Room Tip: I like staying on the first floor in the main building!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear lynnej2682

Thank you for your review – and for returning to the Meadowmere with friends and family.

It was our pleasure to welcome you for a winter getaway and thank you for the compliments on our hotel and our service. It sounds like you have experienced is all and have truly discovered the amenities, location and our special packages. We are happy to know that the hotel is a favorite for you – We often hear how nice it is to return for any reason and relax. The quiet season is a special time to enjoy the hotel and Ogunquit. We look forward to your next trip!

Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Meadowmere Resort with a special off season deal ($99.00 for two nights). It was absolutely fabulous! The room was clean, comfortable and in perfect condition. As it was off season, we had the use of the indoor spa all to ourselves. It was a huge, relaxing spa; could easily accommodate 20 people. I had never been to Ogunquit before and found it to be really beautiful and charming. The few shops and restaurants that were open were very nice. Candy store was awesome! As an added bonus, they have a small (30 seat) movie theater. It has theater seats and a large screen. We were able to watch a recent movie and had the theater to ourselves. Again, it was off season - doubt we would get a private screening in season. There is also a state-of-the-art gym and sauna with a tanning booth. It looked fabulous! I did not use the equipment on our stay; it was unseasonably warm so we took a walk by the ocean 1/2 mile away instead. I would go back to this resort again in a minute. The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear LeighR1957

Thank you for your review – and for trying one of our quiet season deals!

It was our pleasure to welcome you and thank you for the compliments on our rooms and cleanliness. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the amenities and the village – the candy shop is a local favorite (and one of our favorite ways to surprise guests!). It sounds like you discovered our central location to the village shops, beach and Marginal Way. We hope you can return to enjoy it all again!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Been to Meadowmere Resort? Share your experiences!