“Restorative stay at Rockmere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockmere Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Rockmere Lodge
You added Rockmere Lodge to your Saves list
150 Stearns Road, Ogunquit, ME 03907   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Restorative stay at Rockmere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rockmere for a three day R&R in mid January. It was wonderful - - warm and welcoming but unobtrusive hosts; a cozy and comfortable room where we slept like logs and could see the ocean from the bed; an absolutely fabulous breakfast; and literally hours up in the Lookout, reading, watching the view and chatting with other guests. Our hosts made us feel like we were at home, and this house is their labor of love. We will certainly return. We stayed in the Anna-Marie room and next time will try the room across the hall, the equally lovely Ashley-Mae. B&G from Boston

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We would like to Thank You for choosing Rockmere Lodge for your down time. We truly enjoyed meeting you both and Chatting with you over Breakfast . We can't wait to see you again in the future. Welcome to The Rockmere Lodge Family .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have been going to the Rockmere for the past 5 or 6 years now (usually when the Kennebunkport Christmas Prelude takes place) and feel like we are now family at the place. The owners are simply real people who aren't into hard sell, are warm and friendly, and always have stories to tell. We typically stay in the Judy-Lind, which is the small room to the side off the porch, and while there isn't much room, it is cozy and attractive. One of my favorite parts about the Rockmere is being able to hear the ocean as I sleep (it's about 200 feet from the inn). It's not really a family place, but is perfect for couples and solo travelers. A big thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marc and Lisa It wouldn't be Prelude is you weren't here in yor Room The Judy-lin . We so look forward to seeing you each year . Like Family to us . Thank You
Ridgefield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My best birthday present this year was my trip to Ogunquit and this time I took my daughter with me for a girl weekend. No snow this year, but the rain could not put a damper on the weekend. This inn on the Marginal Way was decked out for Christmas with a different tree in every room...simply beautiful. There are many places to stay in Ogunquit, but I return to Rockmere each time for one reason. While there you are family, not simply a guest. Andy and Doug are the Best! Good friends...good times...and amazing breakfasts!

Room Tip: I have stayed in most of the rooms and each has it's unique charm, but if you are an early rise...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Janet What a Pleasure to see you each year with either your Bob or your Daughter Anne. We are truly Bless to have such wonderful Guests that comes back year after year to us like you . Again like Family you are. We don't want to rush it ...but see you on your next Birthday !
Northville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We visited Rockmere for the first time this summer and traveled with our friend Anne and we stayed in the top floor with an amazing ocean view. The inn keepers were "out of their way" accommodating and made us feel like we were home. The breakfast on the front porch was also
A wonderful touch and a great start to the day. This was a memorable vacation for sure, thanks guys!

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better the view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You for Your Kind Words about us and Rockmere Lodge .We look forward to your next Visit to us .
West Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my 4th time at the Rockmere Lodge for Ogunquit's "Christmas By the Sea" and 5th stay overall with my fiancee. It was a wonderful experience, just as all of them have been.

This is my favorite weekend of the year because I actually get to forget my troubles and enjoy myself. Going into the Rockmere is like taking a trip back in time. Old fashioned bedrooms, a welcoming couch near the fireplace in the main living room and the Crow's Nest (a sitting area overlooking the Ocean view) are just a few of the ways to forget the stress and hassle of the outside world and relax and enjoy life. (I am a TV junkie, and while there are great TV's in each room, I have yet to turn one one while I've been there).

When you stay at the Rockmere, it is the Inn Keepers who are the ones that make you their "family". Doug creates wonderful breakfasts (omelettes, pancakes, waffles, etc) and Andy sits in the dining room with you and discusses things to do in the Town, where you can eat, the history of the house, etc. "Uncle" Phil (a neighbor from next door) might come in and sit in on the conversation and joke with Andy and Doug. Other guests of the Inn may even become your friends and keep in touch when you leave (I have met some wonderful people during my time at Rockmere). You feel like you are part of something instead of the run of the mill B&B's that leave you a 1/2 of a Muffin in the morning and no one around.

And those "little things" continue throughout your stay - each room had its own, individual Christmas Tree; each room has a unique name; every time you go, you will find something different.

If you need somewhere to stay, try the Rockmere Lodge....and become part of the extended family!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for always choosing Rockmere Lodge each and every Year . You Both are so Special to us and Wonderful ! See You Both Soon .
rHODE iSLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just went to the Rockmere Lodge for a getaway weekend. As always, it was a great stay. It is the most comfortable bed and breakfast I have ever been to and going there is like being with family. There is a Christmas tree in every room and each one is unique and beautiful. My favorite part is having breakfast. Doug cooks a great breakfast and while eating, we sit and talk with the others staying at Rockmere and with Andy who keeps us all entertained. I would be remiss if I did not mention Uncle Phil who is a neighbor. He stops by during breakfast and shares the most wonderful stories. I am already thinking about when I can vacation there again. Thanks Andy and Doug!

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and beautifully decorated. I love the Victoria Ruth because of the view an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank You for your Kind Words about us and Rockmere Lodge. We can't wait to see you again too !
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were thrilled to discover the Rockmere Lodge! It's prime location lent to seeing and hearing the ocean waves, and literally a couple minutes walk to the Marginal Way (one of our favorite spots to walk)! Tastefully decorated grounds with warm fall colors led us to meeting the equally warm Inn Keepers Andy and Doug. Once inside, we instantly felt like it was a home away from home. The Victorian decor of the living room, dining room, guest rooms and private bathrooms was so tastefully creative, it was like a step back in time. The hot breakfasts were a real treat as was the friendly morning chats facilitated by the Inn Keepers. They were very friendly, respectful and willing to accommodate. We are encouraging our friends and family to visit, and plan to return ourselves. We hated to leave and look forward to returning!
-Nancy & Tony

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You. We are so Glad you had a Great Time at Rockmere Lodge .And Thank You for Loving Rockmere Lodgesas much as we do. See you on your next visit .

Been to Rockmere Lodge? Share your experiences!