“Farm fresh food and homemade desserts” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
White Marsh, Maryland, United States
“Farm fresh food and homemade desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat for lunch on July 4 that was away from busy Bar Harbor, and my husband and I wandered here from Arcadia National Park. It is clean, cozy and friendly. I had the veggie sub, which was stuffed with fresh locally grown vegetables. Very delicious. My husband had the local favorite, cheesesteak sub, which he devoured in record time. The best part of the meal, the blueberry pie! Has to be the "best blueberry pie I've ever eaten"! Says my husband. Very impressed with the service as well. Was a little worried to see only one waitress, but the wait was minimal, and the service was excellent. Will return again for sure!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Sweden, Maine
“Local food from Maine farms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We happened into Docksider looking for a meal but not actually looking for seafood. I was excited to find names of Maine farms owned and operated by friends. This justifies the higher prices because I knew we were getting quality food. We had a burger and a steak sandwich. Both were excellent and the service was good too. I wouldn't hesitate to stop again-especially for the onion straws.

Visited July 2014
NJ
“Pretty Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

For example: A lobster roll is $20.
We had whole boiled lobster. It literally took the girl about 15 minutes just to take our order, and then she charged me $2 for a cup of tap water. There were only 3 other patrons that came and went while we were there and they had either a lobster roll or ice cream only, so I don't know why the service was so slow.
The lobster, when it finally came was good.
At the time of this review it was about $9/lb. They upcharge per lb for larger lobsters.
Not on a dock so no scenic view, unless you consider the police station scenic ;)
Would not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Not the Best Choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This seemed like a convenient lunch spot - some bicyclists touring Maine were eating here inside - so we opted for outside and placed our orders at a take out window. It was expensive for the setting - $9.99 for a salad? or a bowl of chowder? It must have been the first day of work for the wait staff. Neither knew the price of the salad (posted outside where we could see it) They couldn't serve us a beer and couldn't say why (out of beer? can't be served outside?) They were out of the advertised "black fly ice cream" and didn't know when they'd get more. (It sounded intriguing - homemade black raspberry ice cream with chocolate swirl and chocolate chips)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sarasota FL
“Great onion rings and lobster rolls...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

All four ladies who went here loved this restaurant. They have great onion rings, lobster rolls, haddock sandwiches and the scallops I had were delish!Our server was new, but he knew what was "wicked good"! I would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere