My husband and I have visited the area twice and stayed at Newagen once. We love the whole area, but the charm of Newagen and the island are without comparison. We have traveled extensively around the world and this is one of our favorite places. I love the area of Boothbay Harbour and ate and some of their best restaurants, but I must say that the food at Newagen is the best. The rooms are simple, but nice. This past fall our daughter was married there so we got to see all the different rooms. Our daughter and grandchildren stayed in a cabin that was a little older but still very quaint. It was nice having a kitchen. My husband and I stayed in the Little Inn which has bigger rooms and a small fridge and microwave. My bride and groom stayed in the new Seahorse cottage which is pretty pricey but the view alone is probably worth the price. No one from our wedding of over 100 that stayed there had a single complaint. I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frommer's Travel Guide said, "It's hard to convey the magnificence of the ocean views, maybe the best of any Inn's in Maine." The open sea, rocky cliffs and thick forest create an enchanting setting for the historic Newagen Seaside Inn, poised on the tip of Southport Island in the heart of Maine's famed Boothbay Harbor region. Make some memories at the newly restored, yet always historic, Newagen Seaside Inn, at the edge of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Newagen Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newagen Seaside Hotel Newagen
- Newagen Seaside Inn Maine