If you are expecting the Ritz Carlton, go elsewhere. If you are looking for good, old-fashion, Maine charm... this is your place! Staying at the Newagen is like walking back in time. Our room was clean, albeit could use a fresh coat of paint. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds are very well maintained. The bar and lounge areas are great, but quiet. Don't go expecting a lively social scene. The game room was charming, a short walk from the inn, in an old bar. Nothing fancy, and a little rough around the edges- but perfectly fine. The restaurant was simple and the food was outstanding. No tv's in the room, so turn off your cell phone and just enjoy the peace and quiet. I have not slept so well in such a long time! The room price includes a wonderful buffet breakfast. Wake up early, grab a complimentary newspaper and cup of coffee and walk out to the ocean. Plan to spend a couple of days and you will return to the "real world" a much happier person.
I will definitely go again and will recommend the Newagen to all my friends.
- Also Known As:
- Newagen Seaside Hotel
- Newagen Seaside Hotel Newagen
- Newagen Seaside Inn Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frommer's Travel Guide said, "It's hard to convey the magnificence of the ocean views, maybe the best of any Inn's in Maine." The open sea, rocky cliffs and thick forest create an enchanting setting for the historic Newagen Seaside Inn, poised on the tip of Southport Island in the heart of Maine's famed Boothbay Harbor region. Make some memories at the newly restored, yet always historic, Newagen Seaside Inn, at the edge of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Newagen Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.