“better local options on July 4th.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 20 restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“better local options on July 4th.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overpriced, slow service, bland food.

On July 4th we decided to view the fireworks on The Causeway in beautiful Naples and this place was in a great location. We were fooled! The service was extremely slow and not worth the wait for the average quality and bland tasting food. We didnt' have any napkins, no silverware and waited a long time for ANY staff to come to ask for drinks/water on one of the hottest days of the summer. I had to go back inside the main dining room to find a waitress. This was the first time I was forced to get up and leave our table to ask for something because a server/staff/manager/employee didn't provide very basic service.

I'm SURE there are better places with FRESH, local seafood like "The Lobster Pound" which is where my family normally goes.

There was not enough staff to wait on the customers and our party was very disappointed after I found a manager to question when our food would arrive. We were with a child and planning to view the fireworks on the Naples Causeway. The Manager responded, "Well, next door they have over a 2 hour wait!!". That fact didn't help us nor the fellow, VERY patient patrons. Because the food took SO LONG to arrive, my little nephew had to take his plastic basket of chicken fingers outside to his lawn chair so he could eat while the fireworks started. : (

However, our waitress was very sweet and helpful by continuing to check on the status of our food (after waiting about 1 hour after placing an order). Many patrons simply got up and left before they received their food because they were quite frustrated.

I may try again on a quieter time of year if we could sit on the outdoor patio. That may be the only redeeming quality for this place.

Visited July 2013

25% Recommend
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Average Overpriced Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

After calling another local restaurant and being told there was a 90 minute wait, we walked right into Sandy's which immediately lowered my expectations and rightly so. Was an extremely hot Saturday night and the AC was not doing it's job.
Food was overpriced and just plain average. My clam roll was $11.99 and was pretty small. Fries were the frozen variety. I was with 4 children and 2 other adults and no one was overly excited about their meal. Service was fine until the very end when we were settling up. The waiter brought our bill and then took our money and came back 2 minutes later and said he added wrong and it would be $10 more. I thought that was pretty cheesy. Note to Sandy's - If you want to charge big restaurant prices, get a Point of Sale system so mistakes like this don't happen.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridgton, Maine
“Quick bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Fried seems to be the only way they know how to cook anything.

Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“service was the worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place wasnt busy.it took forever to order our meals,then took forever to receive it.when it finally did arrive the waitress dumped one of the trays of food,so 1/2 our party ate while the meals that fell were being re-cooked.The part that kills me is no one came to our table to offer an apology.When I received the bill I asked someone who looked like they might work there to speak with the mngr.He responded with"I am the owner"I asked him if he saw what happened and he said "yeah" I asked why no one apologized,especially you,being the owner.His response was"they re cooked your food,didnt they?I then asked for some compensation because we ate at different times,and the order was wrong. he looked at the cashier and told her"ten off" what a complete idiot this guy was.I would not recommend this to anyone on vacation or even a local for that matter.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dracut, Massachusetts
“Great Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The baked stuffed haddock was amazing and the view off the back deck was stunning, at least on the night of 9/1, when we were able to have a spectacular view of the full moon over the water from our table. The clam chowder was also excellent. The portions were large and the prices were very reasonable. Will absolutely go there again.

• Visited September 2012