Saved Save
You added Echo Lake View Cottage to your Saves list.
Echo Lake View Cottage
First view as you enter cottage
Modern kitchen-all inclusive
Lots of windows in the livingroom & dining area
Loft area with tv, game table, couch & desk
Mount Desert
Rental Home –
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 6

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

gmaofphj
Boston MA
“Spotless, well-equipped, great view of lovely Echo Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

We spent a week here and had a wonderful time. I have rented many vacation places, and this was by far the cleanest and best-equipped. I was hoping to have others with us, as it easily sleeps four more, but we had reserved a week that would start with Hurricane Irene, and everyone else was reticent.

We like to do most of our own cooking, and everything you would want was there. George and Wilma generously shared everything that wasn't. They even have a bread maker!

We loved hearing the sound of the loons on the lake, appreciated the presence of wi-fi, and slept very comfortably on the firm mattress in the master bedroom. We also were ecstatic to have our small dog with us. We took him everywhere, and that added to our enjoyment. The area is very pet-friendly.

George and Wilma recommended Beal's for lobster, the one place we went to eat, and it had the best lobster I have ever had at a very reasonable price. G and W know the area well, and had lots of good suggestions.

We loved Acadia National Park. Everywhere we looked there was more awe-inspiring beauty. I hope to get back there sometime. Until then I will enjoy reminiscing. We did not want to be in a town setting, so this was a great location for us. Having morning or evening tea on the deck was always a great way to start or end the day.

The only drawback for us was getting to Echo Lake for my husband. It involved walking down a steep trail to cross a fairly well-travelled road and walking down another steep trail to the dock. My husband was recovering from recent knee surgery, and could not manage either trail, so we drove to the dock and he sat and watched while I swam. There is a public beach on the lake, which we would try if we have the opportunity to return. There are also two kayaks in great condition that are at the dock. I am hesitant to take one out alone, though, so did not use them. Swimming in the lake was gorgeous! So clean and scenic. I wish we had been there longer so I could do that again.

For those with disabilities who are interested in the property, you need to be aware of the difficulty of getting to the dock. With that exception, everything was perfectly accessible to my husband.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Being on the quiet side of Mt Desert Island
Liked least: Sometimes the cars on the highway were too noisy.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011 for a stay in August 2009
person found this review helpful
5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Proximity to Echo Lake, hiking trails and Southwest Harbor
Liked least: The traffic on the road you have to cross can be fast.
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Rugged travelers
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Solo traveler
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$214
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Wilma Jones
2072443965
Speaks English
Listed since : Feb 2011
Response Rate: 100 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 11 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing