“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wells-Moody Motel

Wells-Moody Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moody
Wells-Moody Motel
You added Wells-Moody Motel to your Saves list
119 Post Road (US Rt 1), P.O. Box 371, Moody, Wells, ME 04054   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moody
Perth, Australia
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Stayed for a week and had no problems with this hotel. Staff were always helpful and the room was more than adequate and very clean. TV had many channels, microwave, fridge, good air conditioning and internet access. Great value for money and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
gizmocat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I enjoyed staying here very much. The room was very clean, air-conditioned, and fairly modern. I also had a good sized refrigerator and a micro-wave. There was a pleasant if small swimming pool. It is right across from two restaurants and the trolley line. If there was one complaint I would make is that I would have liked coffee available either in the lobby or the room.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
NB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

I booked the Wells-Moody online, going by the description and the affordable rate in an expensive tourist region. Upon check-in, we were told our room was 'around back'. We proceeded to our room and found that the outside entrance was actually a shared entrance to what was two basement rooms. Our room was disgusting. It reeked of mold. The only window was small, and up so high that you would need a chair to look out - not that you would want to because the view was the dumpster. Mike Bolduc, the owner, was to say the least, unstable. I have travelled world wide, and this was my worst accommodation experience.

Stayed August 2008
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this Motel for two nights. Check in was pleasant, the man at the front desk was nice. We were in room #1 next to the office. Upon entering the room we were happy. The room had a queen sized bed which was comfortable, the carpet was new, the bathroom had a tub with shower and a new floor. There was a mini fridge and microwave oven. Overall the room was very clean and tidy. The Maid did a very good job of cleaning everything. I counted 22 rooms total so I'm not sure how the previous reviewer stayed in room 24. lol. The Hayloft restaurant is directly across the street and Jakes is next door, the breakfast at Jakes was very good. This motel was fine for the two nights, but for a longer stay in Maine I would stay closer to the beach. Oh, one more thing, if you plan on going to Ogunquit beach for the day be prepared to spend $4.50 and hour to park in their lot. See ya.

Stayed August 2008
Mass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

I would like to start by saying the advertising of this motel is completely misleading and false. They start off by saying it is "clean, modern, and comfortable". False, False, False!!! When we first arrived, we entered into our room (#24) only to find that the rug was filthy with branches, dirt, feathers, you name it was on that rug! We immediately went to the front desk to inform them and they apolgized saying the maid had already left for the day (2:00pm). We asked to use the vacuum and had to vacuum our own room - it was still embedded with dirt!!! Modern? We had a picture in our room that had to of been from the 50's or 60's and was so yellowed from years of being there! My parents room (#25) next door reeked so bad of urine, we had to go out to the store and buy room fresheners. We also bought blankets to sleep on top of the beds for fear of what was under the covers. Each room does not have a tub/shower combination as they advertise, as my parents room had only a shower stall...when my mother came over to our room to use our tub, she had to wash it out first as there was a ring around it - gross!!! The worse was when we got back to the hotel that evening to find that our porch lights were not working - my elderly father fell trying to find his way up the porch stairs!! There were so many things wrong with this place, stained ceilings, broken air conditioner vents, ripped window screens, I could go on forever!! When you go to their website, there are very few pictures - now I know why!! We had chosen this place because it was pet friendly (we brought a small very well behaved dog with us). First thing in the morning we went to make our complaints and tell them we would not be staying the following two nights and would like our money back. Needless to say the owner was extremely rude and would not refund our money back - we left anyhow!! One night in that place was more than we would wish on our worse enemies!!!!! We found a very nice, modern, CLEAN, pet friendly place "The Sea Mist" down the street that was even cheaper than that dump!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — DIRTY!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wells-Moody Motel? Share your experiences!