“Wonderful Steamers!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Rapid City SD
“Wonderful Steamers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Scootic In for local color and good food. We were definitely not disappointed. The steamers were fabulous, we had excellent salads - a very nice ceasar salad and a lovely spinach salad with candied walnuts. Great service and great beer to wash it down. Who could ask for anything more?

Visited July 2013

Ossining, New York
“The best haddock I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

And I have had some haddock, but this one (broiled) was so tender, moist and flavorful, and so were the scallops, like I've never had before, so it's worth mentioning here. I really enjoyed my meal. And my boyfriend had the lobster - it was huge, and also tender and flavorful. We went to this restaurant twice, and it looks like it's always busy, for a very good reason - this is a great restaurant. Service is fast and responsive, and the atmosphere is very nice. I definitely would recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Where the locals gather”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Scootic Inn is one of the nicer restaurants in Millinocket. My wife and I had a dinner and lunch. Both times we sat at the bar and mingled with the locals who proved to be very interesting. The night we had dinner the restaurant was nearly full and the noise level was pretty high, but don't forget, this was the bar area and people were having fun. I had a Cajun haddock special which was full of flavor but lacked those Cajun spices as I know them. It was more like haddock in a red sauce. Very tasty, but I would not classify it as Cajun. My wife had a lobster roll which she said was really good. Lots of lobster with little filling. The drinks were great as was the crowd. On this particular night they were giving out samples of a light beer infused with lemon. A great beer for a 90 degree evening. For lunch the next day, I devoured a small pepperoni pizza with one of those lemon beers while my wife was OD ing on another lobster roll. She liked them that much. Next time I'm in Millinocket, I will definitely return. They serve a good meal, good drinks and are fun to be around. You won't be sorry you tried it.

Visited May 2013
Topsham, Maine
“Lobster Newburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really enjoyed the lobster newburg that I had. It was full of lobster pieces. I also liked the taco pizza that my sister had and the fried mushrooms. The fried mushrooms were a little overcooked but they were still tasty.

Visited April 2013
Ctr Barnstead
“Good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was our first time in town visiting family. The menu had something for everyone and the staff was professional and helpful.

Visited April 2013