“A Rather Bland Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Milbridge
Cuisines: American
Jonesport, Maine
“A Rather Bland Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It seems that everything was bought in advance and pre-prepared. The food was ok, but that's all. I'd like something more interesting. The atmosphere could also be improved--very "family restaurant," which is not what I was looking for--a little more class, please, and closer attention to food preparation would go a long way.

Visited June 2012

Machias, Maine
“Great Service and Great Deserts!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The service was great and the desert tasted great, the reason why I'm not rating this any higher is because I have yet to have a full dinner there. I will have a more detailed review once I have a full corse meal there.

Visited October 2012
Sturbridge, MA
“Good Pub Food and more (aka 44 Degrees North)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Good place to go before the movie in Milbridge. A lot of choices. Waitress was great and the place was doing a good business. Beer selection a little meager. My Red Hook Shrimp was very good (although not really jumbo shrimp) and the onion rings weren't too bad but I don't think they were homemade. The swordfish was fairly standard but the sweet potato fries were very good. Definitely will go back. And even with all the customers it was fairly quiet, maybe the acoustic tiles helped - so many restaurants are so noisy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newbury, Massachusetts
“Good food at a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

On a recent trip Downeast we stayed at the Englishman's B&B in nearby Cherryfield, and their recommendation for dinner was 44 North. We weren't disappointed. On our way through Milbridge around 5 p.m. we stopped to check it out. The dining room was plain and there were no customers, but trusting the innkeepers, we decided to return, and when we got there about 6:30 the place was nearly full. We can see why. The food was excellent (my wife had fish and chips, I prime rib.) I'm not sure how "$$, casual, sit-down service" applies as this was not "fast food, self service", but $29.97 for our dinners and two draught beers (12 and 16 oz.) is a real bargain (under $22 for just the food) and I'd consider it "$" on the price alone. If in the area in the future, we'll eat there again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Machias, Maine
“Nice meal, friendly atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I and another couple enjoyed dinner out at this restaurant on a recent Saturday night. We had seafood all around, and my husband's selection also encluded a steak with his fried clams. The food was correctly cooked, and served hot. The fresh bread served was very tasty. This is the second visit we have made to the restaurant and we enjoyed our meal both times. The atmosphere was casual and friendly. Service was quick and efficient. My only complaint is that the dining room was chilly on both visits. I wore my jacket all evening, as did the other lady in the party.

• Visited April 2012