“Inviting cottage environment” 5 of 5 stars

2143 Atlantic Highway, Lincolnville, ME 04849   |
Orlando, FL
“Inviting cottage environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were pleased with our stay at Glenmoor by the Sea. The staff was very friendly and helpful giving it that "mom and pop" feel we so love. The cottage we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. The property is quite large with all types of activities -we enjoyed frisbee golf. The best though was the smores by the firepit in the evening. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lafayette, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Glenmoor by the Sea is a very nice property, located right on Penobscot Bay. We stayed in the St. Andrews Building in July 2012. The room was attractive and comfortable. The included breakfast tends toward muffins and Danish, with good coffee. The only downside was the loud air conditioner, which cycled on and off thunderously, but that should only be a problem in very warm weather.

Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I had read previous reviews and we were somewhat leary of what we would find upon our arrival. In short, we were pleasantly surprised in almost every facet of our stay.
There is WIFI available free of charge in the cabins.
The staff was great and very helpful.
The cabins were clean and well maintained.
The breakfast was as advertised. If you want more than that, nearby Camden has several three-meal option restaurants.
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed on the first floor of the St. Andrews House last week (July 2012) with my 80-ish mother, and we both found it to be a peaceful and pleasant place. Having two separate bedrooms and a sitting room made for a wonderful stay for two adults with very different sleep schedules. This is not a cookie cutter chain hotel room--we appreciated the space to spread out.

The continental breakfast (with terrific coffee) was a real treat with really spectacular pastries. Every staff person was friendly, and I appreciated the excellent service. We also enjoyed sitting at the deck right at the water's edge, although that was far down the steep hill from St. Andrew's House. I hope to book one of the cabins closer to the water on my next visit.

I look forwarding to booking here again for next year's visit to my daughter's summer camp.

Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I spent 4 days here in St Andrews House, 2nd floor with a spectacular ocean view and great deck to sit and have coffee or read or just watch the boats in the harbor. It is 2 seconds to Camden, and there is plenty of parking in the charming town with lots of restaurants and retail experiences you will love. The staff were wonderful. It is dog friendly but everyone is meticulous about picking up after their dogs. Tennis, lawn games for the hearty, and peaceful relaxation for the weary.

Room Tip: In St. Andrews, the downstairs suits are family oriented. Rooms 14 and 15 are rooms with king sized...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I travel to my camp in the western mountains of main quite frequently. Sometimes, I go directly to my camp, and other times, I take the scenic route along the coast. I have stayed in several of the chain motels on my coastal journies, and where they may have been acceptable, there was no comparison to my stay ay Glenmoor By The Sea. The atmoshere was more comfortable and casual, the staff treated me like family, and the rooms are clean like my Mom would have in her home. Spotless. You can see all the effort put forth from every member of the staff so clearly. It shows in every way from the warm smiles that greet you when you arrive, to the beautiful flowers that seem to be everywhere you look, and finally, the comfortable bed in a nice, clean room that provided me with a wonderful nights sleep. Don't look any further. Here, you will find everything you could possibly want. I'm looking forward to staying a little longer on my next stop here to enjoy some of the local recreation. I hear its great!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed there with 20 family members aged 12-82 for a family reunion. The staff immediately felt like family too. Everyone was friendly and always working but not too busy to stop and say Hello. We especially enjoyed the evening campfires.The grounds were immaculate and had great plantings everywhere.

If you are interested, hike Mt Battie (a quick hike with beautiful views) and check out Whale's Tooth down near Linconville Beach for a great dinner.

Room Tip: Since our family was large, we rented a variety of rooms. Many of the cottages are nearer to the oce...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Glenmoor by the Sea? Share your experiences!