“A Treat by the Sea” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Lincolnville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Nashua,N.H.
“A Treat by the Sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Across from the ocean we found dinner at this restaurant to be very special treat. The simple decor was bright and clean--and they really save the best for the food and service. I had the best salmon with Hollandaise sauce that I have ever eaten.The salmon cooked was cooked to perfection and I wished I could have taken some of the homemade sauce home with me. My two friends had an equally good meal-- the steak was flavorful and tender and the chowder--Great!! not filled with
"filler" potatoes !!!
The service was excellent and the waitress very accommodating. We will be back!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Six happy customers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Three couples ate at Chez Michel in May, 2014. We had an excellent waitress who answered our questions knowledgeably and enthusiastically. She helped us to order a variety of appetizers and entrees and we all ordered different things. Every single one of us thought we had an extraordinary meal and we shared two desserts at the end. We give it an enthusiastic thumbs up and recommend it to others. Do not judge the restaurant by its unassuming outside or by its inside decor. They mask a truly gourmet restaurant with a creative chef.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, Massachusetts
“Equally outstanding the second time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

After a wonderful culinary experience a year ago I looked forward to returning and I was not disappointed. The service is reliably attentive and welcoming. I am a lover of pate and their rabbit pate is just delicious; their potato croquettes are perfect. But, it was the duck breast in peppercorn cream sauce that won my full admiration. In true French fashion, Chez Michel's sauces are superb and they have achieved that delicate balance of flavors that fully compliment each other. If I lived here I would be a regular. I will be back on my return visit next year.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincolnville, Maine
“Best on the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Chez Michel does the one thing most restaurants strive in vain for; consistent excellence. We have eaten there since Michel opened the doors, and an excellent meal is a given, period.
Seafood is always fresh, sauces are exceptional, and the traditional rabbit pate is unlike any other offered in the area. Trust me, I have tried many.
Local staff are well trained, knowledgeable and very efficient.
Tastes differ and expectations can disappoint. However, you will only have a bad dining experience here if you try. There is no better variety or quality food and atmosphere for your dining dollar in mid - coast Maine than Chez Michel.

New York City, New York
“Familiar & Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Closed in November so we didn't eat here this time but it's reliable fare and not too costly. It's close to the Inn so if you're lazy why not?

Visited November 2013