“It was great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lewiston
HIRAM
“It was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The room was great. The service was excellent.The food was more than great, it was fabolous.The amenites were awesome.What we liked best was the food.The rooms were quiet.They were very clean. We would deffenetly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Winfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the Lewiston Ramada Inn on Friday the 6th of July for three days of wedding festivities. As we drove into the parking lot we remarked how nice it looked, clean, little white picket fence and all. After checking in we took a stroll through the area where the reception was to be held and the newly remodeled restaurant/night club. We were quite impressed, everything was new, clean and fresh. Then we were off to our room to refresh ourselves for the rehearsal dinner. The room had been cleaned but years of ground in soil was very apparent. The room and bath area were in desperate need of paint. There was a dingy yellowness to ceiling and walls appearing to have been a smoking room in the long forgotten past. The entry light switch was at onetime a dual switch apparently broken on one side and now the other side is wired for both while the broken one flops in place. The bathroom switches were so filthy I wiped them down with aftershave lotion to kill anything that might be living/growing on them. I opened the curtains with hope of brightening the room but discovered I was looking at the back wall of an equipment room. This area was uncut and unkempt, littered with a ladder that had a few years of things growing through it and debris that had been there a long time. I was on my way to the front desk to ask for another room when I met up with relatives that invited me in to visit. I didn't say anything about our room but took a good look around their's. After seeing it was as dirty and worn as our's I checked in on a few others, everyone was nearly as bad as mine. At that point my wife and I decided we didn't want to hurt family member's feelings who had worked so hard to get all of us together in one place for the wedding. We would not make a big deal out of it by complaining. I had booked three nights there but as soon as the bride and groom left I canceled the third night and was told I couldn't get a refund as I had prepaid. After a brief discussion they agreed to give me a cash refund of approximately half of one night's stay. I was happy to escape! Our trip from the suburbs of Chicago to the wedding at the Ramada Inn, Lewiston, Maine and back home again via Canada was a ten day road trip. We stayed at seven hotels more then half were Wynham Group brands. All but one met our expectation, all but one had a business to be proud of.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Travelers are raving about these Lewiston hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

When you enter the hotel you immediately get the impression that the place is an old and tired hotel with cosmetic updates but not a full renovation. The carpeting is worn and dirty in the corners and edges. One of the towels was dirty. For the price, I expected much more, especially in Auburn, ME. I asked for quiet room but was assigned a room on a floor with 2 dozen softball players who were in town for a tournament. They were partying in the hall and had their room doors open, I was able to resolve the noise problem without notifying the front desk but still had to put up with the noise for a couple hours and then again in the early morning The desk clerk told me when I checked in that breakfast was not included with my room but when I checked my reservation confirmation the next morning I saw that it was and they honored the free breakfast which was served in a dingy and gross bar area with no windows and smells of last night's booze. I will not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from the convention center.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
NOTTINGHAM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Room was very clean. The New look of the dinning room was great, and the wait stuff was excellent.
Thanks for the great service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The hotel itself was very dated. The hallways smelled of smoke. The shower was very hard to operate. The ironing board was ready for the trash as it could not stand even slightly level. I was afraid to use the iron as the soleplate was very discolored and looked like it my ruin my clothes. The pool is not very kid friendly, as the steps are very steep and narrow and you enter into water at a dept of 4 feet. The jacuzz pool was not very clean (wadded up paper stuck to the walls and sand all on the bottom of the pool). The breakfast was a HUGE disappointment. There were several options available than the usual continental breakfast but the quality and taste of food was aweful. I question if they even used real eggs. I paid $100 for one night, which was a "promotion". Not worth it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very basic accomodations, a basic motel. Was priced about $30 per night more that it was worth. having said that I have stayed at other properties in this area and this is as good as it gets. Central Maine is not hotel paradise!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Shelby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

A trip from New York to Prince Edward Island was interrupted by the rain and I had to pull off the interstate in Lewiston. I expected to find a dingy cheap motel when I bumped into this Ramada. The night clerk, Eric, helped me find a place to eat, a place for fuel & a great place to stay. At a great rate too! The clerk helped me lug all the luggage for my trip to the room. The room was comfortable and the jacuzzi was just what I needed! Great service, great value & a great brand that always delivers.

Room Tip: I recommend the Executive Suite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Lewiston Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!