“Satisfying & Top Notch. As good as any Silver Diner.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 98 Restaurants in Lewiston
Lewiston, Maine
“Satisfying & Top Notch. As good as any Silver Diner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I really am surprised at some of the negative & unapealing reviews that some customers have made. In defense of this particular restaurant & it's wait staff, these negative reviews are a bit imature and not a good assessment of what may have actually happened. If your food was cold, ask the waiter/waitress to PLEASE warm it up. If the food was over cooked, ask to speak to the Manager, and politely inform him/her of the situation. ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING in life. I could continue, but you get the picture.
My wife & I eat at the Lewiston Governors on a regular basis, just us, or with friends, at any day or time of the week. We have never had a bad experience that was as intolerable as describe in previous negative comments. We have had a few situations we weren't pleased with, but with expressing our displeasure in a calm polite fashion, it was always corrected to our satisfaction. 99.9% of the time we eat there, the food and service is always top notch, and as good or better than the average restaurant. If your idea of service is to be waited on by a highly sophisticated wait staff, than you' re in the wrong place. They are regular people earning a living just like you. Before criticizing their personality, try being in their shoes, and putting up with fussy & very demanding customers, & on occasion, some disruptive children, where other customers can't enjoy a peaceful meal.
Governors is a family restaurant, with good home cooked meals, a great selection of foods, great desserts and pastries, great atmosphere, and for the most part, great service and attention to customers needs.
I might also mention that it's less than a mile off of Exit 80 on the Maine Pike, making it an easy off/on destination, with plenty of gas/diesel stations, & hotels in the area. These are things my wife and I look for when traveling to and from Florida.
Many locals keep coming back again and again, so they're doing something right....
Keep up the good work Governors, Lewiston.

Visited August 2014

Navarre, Florida
“Too self involved for customers!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Food was ok for getting a quick bite but the waitstaff held a meeting close enough to our table that we heard it all! Definitely not customer focused & certainly not as nice as their Waterville location.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Do Not Eat Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

First of all, when we got there it was like we were actually putting them out. Like unwanted guest! Then our waiter,a young man, was again acting like we were a bother. We felt very uncomfortable, but just tried to hang in there. We tried to converse with the waiter to lighten the mood. But he was as friendly as a light pole. Then our meals came. My husband's dinner was cold, mine was not done. I sent mine back then waited 10 minutes. When I asked the waiter, who I had to flag down. He said that he thought I didn't want it so they had thrown it out. The manager was even less friendly, so I guess that atmosphere is the norm there. She didn't offer to get me another or something else. Just said "oh I guess it was a misunderstanding".
We asked for the check, they had charged me for my meal they threw away. My husband had to actually say to them " I am not paying for a meal we didn't get." Needless to say we won't be back!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Great experience for our traveling Robotics team😊”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Carlene at Governor's couldn't have been nicer and the food was plentiful and delicious. We came from a robotics competition with 53 high school students and adult mentors and we were hungry and on a budget. Great food, great price and the restaurant was clean and service superb!

Visited April 2014
Lisbon, Maine
“It's Okay for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very busy on the weekends for breakfast. The buffet is okay,nothing to rave about. The food is 90% cold. Not much for variety. The waitstaff is not that attentive. You have to flag down a waitress to get a refill on coffee or other drinks. Food is average.

• Visited December 2013