“Mussels!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anneke Jans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 64 Restaurants in Kittery
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walker St
York, Maine
“Mussels!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Well rounded menu, a little pricey. Definitely a date night kind of place. The mussels were absolutely amazing. Nice atmosphere and the staff were super friendly and accommodating to our four year old that slept through dinner.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Gotten even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We try to get to Anneke Jans each summer, and though it has always been consistently very good, it has stepped it up a bit, and we had some excellent meals. I started with a chicken consomme with chicken confit, etc., and it was, without a doubt, the best soup I have enjoyed ever. A roast duck dinner was excellent as well. One of our group had the caesar salad, and decided that it was the best caesar salad she had ever had. We all started with a fried olives, which our waiter preceded with a very descriptive and "encouraging" description or a flavorful journey, which they were. Of the dinners, perhaps the steak was the least favorite of our group, but a very good place has moved up to the excellent range. Wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Endicott, New York
“Upscale delight, top chef quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I wasn't too sure of the menu when I arrived because the selection wasn't huge, but I could see why after I ordered. Every dish that came out from appetizer, entree to dessert was a work of art. It didn't just look to beautiful to eat, but the food was delicious! They must have few items on the menu to perfect every dish that comes out.
This restaurant has the look of high end, but prices were also reasonable for the food. It's perfect for date night and if you want to impress, this is where to go.

Visited July 2014
Eliot, Maine
“Birthday deliciousness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My boyfriend took me to Anneke Jans on my birthday for the second time again this year -- lucky me! I would describe the atmosphere as casual elegance, intimate, romantic, very sophisticated, but not at all uptight. The menu is unique, and the food is presented beautifully. I enjoyed the PEI Mussels which were served (and there were a TON of them) in a delicious white wine cream with shallots, blue cheese, and bacon. Out of this world good! We used the artisan bread provided to soak up the extra broth after the mussels were, ahem... all gone. :) My boyfriend truly enjoyed the duck served with fingerling potatoes . We shared the steak tartar served with pickled red onions as our starter. Everything was top-notch. As it was a special occasion, we were thoughtfully seated at an intimate candlelit table for two. The wine selection is excellent. The staff was friendly, attentive, and professional. They change the menu slightly every so often, introducing more new and clever things, but I find the quality of the cuisine to be consistently class A. I consider this a real gem in Kittery Foreside.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Ma.
“Fine Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Very good food as a new chef takes on an older, popular restaurant. It was quiet the night we were there but the food was lovely. The great mussels recipe is still on the menu as is the bread pudding. Both were divine. And the newer fare was tasty as well. Very good steak and a hardy braised beef. Delicious pork, tender and flavorful.

Now open for Sunday Brunch, the menu looked inviting.

• Visited June 2014