“Okay stay at this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
London, United Kingdom
“Okay stay at this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel when I couldn't find anything else available in the area. Aside from the very dark interior lobby and disinterested clerk, the hotel was actually very okay. The A/C worked just fine, I had a king size bed that was quite comfortable, there was no noise to speak of, and the price was reasonable. I never eat breakfast that is offered in hotels such as this, so can't comment on that. To others I would recommend the Sunshine Diner in Kittery, or Colby's in Portsmouth if you want a real breakfast. I have no complaints with this hotel at all. I certainly wouldn't want to stay a week, but for a quick overnight you could do much worse.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

Having never been to Kittery before, we actually picked this hotel by fluke, over the internet and after a particularly terrible hotel experience in Bangor, we were bracing ourselves for the worst, and we were very pleasantly surprised! The lobby was dark and dim and the man who checked us in wasn't particularly friendly, but then we drove around the side to our room, which was poolside. The first thing I did was check the room for cleanliness. It was very clean and comfortable. It is an older spot, but they make the most of what they have. The pool was clean and sparkling -- despite a couple days of recent heavy rainstorms. While in the pool, we met a man who worked there with his wife, and he was SO friendly and helpful! We were trying to find a good spot to eat and he pointed us in the direction of Ruby Tuesdays (being from Canada, where we don't have this chain, this was a treat!), and answered all of our questions about the local area. He mapped out how to get to the outlet stores and talked about all the other things to do in the area. Upon checkout, we had the chance to meet his wife who was equally as friendly. Clean, comfortable and such a great location (2 minutes from the outlets and about 10 to a terrific mall in Portsmouth, NH). I will definitely stay there again.

Aiken, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

This motel was disgusting for the price (other places had no vacancy). It smelled musty, had mosquitos and ants, and an extremely filthy carpet. The room was dated. The pool was unfilled (probably would not have been fit to swim in anyway).
It was one of the worst places to stay in. Breakfast was typical boxed cereal and muffins - that was OK. The best part of the place was the location to the Kittery Outlets, but not worth the smell.

Northern Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

I wish I had seen these reviews earlier. This place still is awfull! The rooms are large, but not taken care of. Quite a few things like switches etc. are broken or otherwise damaged. The sheets had holes in it. Especially the bathroom was disgusting. I did not mind the very small size, but it was dirty! Check-in was okay, but the staff at front desk did not seem to like talking very much. It was hard to get a recommendation for a nice place for dinner.

I was travelling with my parents from Germany and I still feel bad that I made them stay in such a terrible place. And I am more than glad that it was only for one night.

I just cannot believe that this motel is really part of the Super 8 chain.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the dirty bathroom and the dirty and old, beaten sheets
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beverly, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2006

We showed up as walk-ins just before midnight on a Saturday and were pleased to get a room without a reservation (we'd just come from another place that was sold-out). We had the same desk clerk both at checkin and checkout, and he was extremely courteous and knowledgeable. It's true that this is a tired, old property, but we didn't have any cleanliness issues during our stay in a non-smoking room. Maybe we were lucky considering the other reviews here, but just wanted to say that we did have a very pleasant time at this location.

• Liked — Front desk
  • Disliked — Property needs renovation
  • Tips/Secrets — Close to Kittery shopping
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nova Scotia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

It is an old property that needs major work. The public areas smell terrible and the rooms are barely clean. Its location and price for the time of year was the saving grace. I would only stay there again as a hotel of last resort.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Odor !
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seneca Falls, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

I booked a reservation at this hotel because I was told over the phone by one of their staff members that pets are allowed. I was informed that there would be an extra charge, which I agreed to pay. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that I could not have the non-smoking room that I had reserved. Instead, I was told that I must take a smoking room or "go somewhere else" if I didn't like their policies. Smoke was the least of the problem. When I finally made my way to the outside door to the room (which I was told I must use because of the dog) through the uncut grass littered with paper and cigarette butts, I found a filthy room that smelled strongly of mold. The carpet was so dirty that I wore my shoes in the room and carried the dog in my arms because I did not want him to get his feet dirty. I left his bed in the car and would not have let it touch the carpet. There was what could have been mold (or feces) on the bathroom wall. Another woman told me that the floor in her bathroom was "sticky" with what she thought was urine. I had booked the room for three nights, but could not wait to cancel the remainder of the reservation the next morning. Personnel at other hotels in the area, who knew the reputation of the Super 8, helped me find a nicer and cheaper hotel where my dog and I were welcomed the next day. Don't even think about staying at the Super 8!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Kittery? Share your experiences!