“Stayed many times but...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Kittery to your Saves list
Days Inn Kittery
2.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   85 US RT-1 Bypass, Kittery, ME 03904   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stayed many times but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Look...great value, clean, nice people. Stayed here many times before...property is getting tired...Room had soft spots in floor that gave significantly when walking thru room...
Could use a repaint and work on floors for sure. I would stay again...but it's getting rough around the edges!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Greenland, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Contrary to others' experiences, our non-smoking room was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable and water was hot. Service was good. We did not use the coffee maker or tv but I was pleased to see a fridge in the room if we stay again. This motel stays on our list of seacoast budget accommodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BREMEN Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room was very old and pretty dirty (probably because the people cleaning up were at least 80 years old). TV no clear picture, coffee maschine didn't work, washing maschine was broken, one of the 2 toasters also. But is was very quiet and the beds and the shower were really good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

EASTBOURNE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Room offered was dirty and smelled of urine. Alternative room offered also smelt, was dark and looked out on a pile of wood and rubbish. Third room also smelt, but not as bad as the first two, Sheets were clean but room was dirty in places. Hotel rubbish was dumped openly on a wooded slope behind the hotel. I asked for a complaint form, but the owner said no supplies left, Hotel, paricularly reception area, smelled of stale curry, as remarked by other guests. Two other guests stated, without being asked, that they would never stay at that motel again. One said that he would never stay at any other Days Inn either, after his experience there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Yorktown Heights, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotels in Portsmouth were heavily booked and as it was getting late in the day we called hotels.com to assist us in finding the nearest accommodations that were pet-friendly. We were told there was a room at Days Inn Kittery so we had the agent book us the room. On the way to our room we passed an old man in the hallway with a large insecticide container in one hand and the attached hose and nozzle in the other. When we got into the room the refrigerator was unplugged and because I needed to refrigerate our canned dog food I had my husband plug it in while I inspected the sheets (as is my habit) and after throwing back the top sheet, blanket and bedspread it was immediately apparent that the bed had been slept in the night before!!! The sheets were all rumpled up on the right side of the bed and the pillow showed the indentation from where the person's head had been!! The fitted bottom sheet was all pulled up to the top of the mattress in the upper right hand corner like it will from a night's use. The sheets were a sickening color of yellow! This is a traveler's worst nightmare come true. I'm 60 years old and I have never in my life seen anything this gross in a motel room! I couldn't get out of there fast enough. We confronted the manager (owner?) who checked us in and before I could say anything to him he told me to take my dog outside - they are pet-friendly but the dog is only allowed in the room, not the hallway or lobby. Pet "friendly" - right! I was told to pick my dog up or take her outside so I put her in the car and came back to complain about the unchanged sheets on a bed that was otherwise made up for the next guest. He wouldn't come back at first but after yelling back and forth so much at each other he finally conceded. He refused to admit that the sheets had been slept in. I wouldn't trust this place to even wash the sheets regularly - somebody just forgot to pull the wrinkles out before making it up all neat and tidy. If they'd do that I don't trust them to use cleaners in the bathrooms either. That place gave me the willies and I will never forget it. We're writing hotels.com to see if they'll refund us the money because we are out the reservation - ended up driving till we found another place. I'd sooner sleep in the car than stay in that place. Then, he said he'd cooperate & refund us the money when hotels.com called him less a $25 cleaning fee for walking into the room!! We called hotels.com from the parking lot to lodge our complaint and when they called and spoke to him he denied the allegations. I will never ever stay at another Days Inn no matter how desperate I am.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Kittery? Share your experiences!