“Wouldn't have my worst enemy stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Kittery to your Saves list
Days Inn Kittery
2.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   85 US RT-1 Bypass, Kittery, ME 03904   |
Pittsford, Vermont
“Wouldn't have my worst enemy stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We thought it was a little sketchy when the only car in the parking lot was ours checking in. Walking into the lobby the smell was musty and the wallpaper looked like it was from the 70s and drooping off the wall. The lady at the desk was not very friendly and barely said 2 words to us. We went to our room and the smell of cleaner was so strong we left the door open while looking around. My boyfriend went towards the window and the floor cracked and dropped a couple inches. The smell of mold was coming from the carpet and my skin started to crawl in the few minutes we were in the room. We left about 15 min after checking in and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

i stayed here for a night with my friends and my grandmother. my grandmother had a room next to us while me and my friends had our own room. our room smelled old and musty. the bathroom door didn't close. we didn't have a mini refridgerator even though we were supposed to. the bathtub was dusty and i refused to take a shower in it. my grandmother's room smelled like stale smoke. at about midnight my friend kept hearing a noise and it ended up being a cricket that was in our room. there was a stain on my sheets and on the bedspread. the pool was halfway filled and it was dirty. the continental breakfast was very limited. bottom line, i would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was sick to my stomach from the minute I walked into the lobby. I wanted to leave as soon as I walked in to the room. It smelled and was run down. It looked like a pay per hour room you see on TV. Bedspread was old and was made of some wierd material. Thin blanket and sheets that did not fit the bed. I could not sleep, worrying that I would catch bed bugs or lice. Left at dawn. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone, even someone I hated. I give this hotel ZERO stars.

Room Tip: Best rooms would be at different hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Grafton, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

What an awful experience. we walked into the hall and the smell of urine filled the air. I said to my family maybe it's just the old lady behind the counter but when we came back later there was a different person behind the counter and the smell was still there. Our room was as small as a closet and smelled like mold. the bathrooms are disgusting and the toilet paper roll was almost gone and we could not find anyone to get more. We were lucky that there was a Yankee candle company nearby so we could buy some air freshener to make the room tolerable.All night long I had the feeling that something was crawling on me. Do not Stay HERE

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

So the moral of this story is NEVER use the advance purchase on the Days Inn website. We made reservations for the weekend for a wedding and the wedding party made reservations for the whole week plus the weekend. When the wedding party checked in on the monday they turned around and checked back out because it stunk and they couldn't handle it for a whole week. This got the rest of us scrambling and stuck with the reservations for the weekend because with the 'advanced' purchace you have to pay no matter what and after speaking with the manager of the establishment and the national chain they all said their hands are tied, which in general i believe is completely untrue, you can always do something for the customer. So for a smelly hotel that was unusable we are now stuck with the bill. This will make me think twice before staying at any of the Wyndham Hotels but especially any Days Inn.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manasquan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Not very many places to stay in the area priced under $100. This Day's Inn was $98 plus tax plus a $20 pet fee. The desk personnel was "polite" as required. For the price, the room was average and we had stayed at numerous Day's Inns along the east coast that offered the same type of room and amenities but for a lot less. Prices go up on the weekend to $189! Okay, so summer is their busy season - no need to rape the customer's wallet tho! When asked about vending machines, only a soda machine was available. The room, while clean and spacious, was not, in my opinion, worth $98!. There are micorwaves and mini fridges in the rooms with a convenience store about two blocks away. There is no convenient place to eat in the area other than a Domino pizza take-out. (Be forwarned - there is a Ramada Inn up the road also but their prices start at $110 with a $25 pet fee). Frankly, I am not impressed with this Day's Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Renovated? Hate to have seen, or smelled it before the renovations.
Its dark, musty, and the worst food smell, It almost made us sick and were still in the lobby!!! 90 degrees outside and not a drop of water in the pool. ( owner says oh were filling it tomorrow we just painted it. Just painted it? middle of July ? 80+ degrees out? We were in the area 3 more days NOT A DROP OF WATER IN THE POOL) Of course Mr Patel would not give us our money back. So off to the room we went, Again dark, musty, moldy gross. We just could not stay here.
Went back to lobby to try to at least get half back, them take one night of my vacation money and give me back one night a clear NO, and we have the feeling this happens often. Not one single car in the parking lot and this is a Saturday in July. That should have been our first clue. when I booked this hotel , not knowing the area, up comes the nice yellow hotel, indoor outdoor pool etc. Wrong hotel people! MOVE ON, DO NOT STAY HERE GO UP THE ROAD TO THE HAMPTON, GREAT HOTEL, CLEAN AND FOR JUST 28$ MORE YOU GET A WHOLE LOT MORE! FRESH CLEAN AND A GREAT CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. DON'T RUIN YOUR TRIP BY STAYING AT THIS DAYS IN, OR ANY DAYS INN FOR THAT MATTER. EVEN IF ITS FRANCHISED DAYS INN SHOULD NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN TO TRAVELERS. ever!!! wish I had of known about this advisory page, which I did not, hopefully you do. I'm about to grade this hotel with "Terrible" because its the only option, but its way more than terrible. I will only grade the cleanliness and pool because I did not stay here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Kittery? Share your experiences!