“A place where you can hear the silence” 5 of 5 stars

Mountain Village Farm B&B
164 Main Street, PO Box 216, Kingfield, ME 04947   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Kingfield B&B and Inns
Tel-Aviv
“A place where you can hear the silence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a wonderful evening and over night in this farm house.
It's located at the end of the small village in a well maintained farm owned by a very interesting lady - Lisa
The house is a very old house that was partly renovated by Lisa but have a lot of character. The room was very clean and comfortable with a big toilet.
It was so quit at night that we actually heard the silence.
Breakfast was excellent and we thank Lisa for the great hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am so glad that we booked this B&B during our stay in New England. it is a perfect place to relax; peaceful location, very friendly owner with nice dogs and a cat.. room was great, very clean and comfortable, tasty breakfast in the morning. in the evening we sat at fireplace and talk, what a lovely evening. I can imagine how cozy can be in the winter.
It really feels like home and I would recommend the place - it's worth to visit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bridgehampton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very comfortable b and b in Kingfield, Maine starring Lisa the owner, Helen the chicken and two wonderful dogs. Excellent breakfasts with choice of main dish. Good conversations with other guests at other tables and with the owner who went out of her way to make me feel welcome and engaged. Area is near Sugarloaf and Canadian border at Coburn Gore, a beautiful ride through gorgeous wilderness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
upstate New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A few of the previous reviews made me wonder whether I should book here on my first visit to Kingfield, but very glad I did. Spent two restful summer nights with on a comfortable bed (in the Brackley Room) with a fresh breeze streaming through open windows, woke to the sounds of happy poultry and enjoyed delicious, wholesome breakfasts. Staying on the farm was cozy and quaint--really a treat for a suburban girl. Lisa is warm and helpful; her solid good taste is reflected in the room decor and in the numerous paintings throughout the inn. Thank you for a lovely stay! Hope to be back next summer. (Sorry, we ski Utah!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Maynard, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at the Mountain Village Farm B&B, it was charming. Authentic farmhouse with beautiful appointed bedrooms, very comfortable beds and pillows. Typical New England farmhouse, with a couple of dogs and farm animals. Clean and welcoming. Lisa was the hostess, she showed us our rooms and was extremely friendly. Great restaurant she recommended about 8 miles away called Trufilio's - excellent Itailan menu and food, it was busy! No air conditioning in the B&B but a very nice reading room!

Room Tip: No A/C in the rooms, very comfortable beds and pillows.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were attending a wedding at the Sugarloaf Mountain Resort and wanted a place to stay that was a little closer to home (Sugarloaf is 5 hours away from us) and that accepted pets. We found the Sugarloaf Mountain Resort on-line and called to book a reservation. From the first phone call to our arrival and through our departure, Lisa was friendly, courteous, and helpful. She greeted us by name when we pulled up and her two dogs, Skeeter and Cisco, were there to welcome us, as well.

We stayed in The Brackley Room, which is beautifully decorated and painted a rich and restful taupe. A nicely proportioned room, we found the bed to be extremely comfortable. The windows provided a pleasant cross-breeze; and the private bathroom was warm and cozy. There was a funky smell at the bottom of the stairs leading to the guest rooms, but the room itself was fresh and clean.

It is a farm, so we were awakened by the sounds of a rooster crowing, but we found it added to the experience. Breakfast was plentiful and we shared three thick slices of delicious French toast and three fresh eggs from the farm's chickens. We found Lisa to be attentive and she was very conscious to keep the coffee flowing.

Should our travels bring us back to Sugarloaf, we would definitely take advantage of the hospitality at the Mountain Village Farm B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

The Mountain Village Farm Bed & Breakfast is located only 2 minutes from downtown Kingfield, Maine. It's a great 'base of operations' for those adventurers who want quick access to the ski slopes at Sugarloaf or the snow shoe trails at Maine Huts and Trails. The B&B is very charming (old farm house) with excellent room accommodations. I spent one evening in the Brackley Farm Room which I highly recommend. The room was very clean with a nice soft bed and private full bath.

I can't say enough about the B&B owner Lisa Standish. I went to Kingfield that weekend to snow shoe with friends at Maine Huts. Unfortunately, my directions from MapQuest to Maine Huts were poor and I ended up getting my car stuck in snow about 1/8 of a mile down an unmaintained road. Unable to reach my friends, I decided to call Lisa who graciously brought her friend to help dig my car out. When that proved futile, Lisa allowed me stay in her B&B living room as I made calls to AAA and local towing services in the area. By 4:00 PM my car was towed out and brought to safety.

Lisa and her friend did everything to help a complete stranger. Many thanks to Lisa for easing my anxiety over my car and personal safety...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Mountain Village Farm B&B? Share your experiences!