“Could not be better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel

You added Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel to your Saves list
Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5092 Access Road, Carrabassett, Kingfield, ME 04947 (Formerly "Grand Summit Resort Hotel")   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kingfield
Myrtle Beach
“Could not be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

It was my second visit to Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel. The rooms are very clean. The staff is so friendly and always ready to help. Just takes couple of minutes to get to super quad. The price is very reasonable for location and service provided.

Room Tip: They have a very good sauna. Try if you like it!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
frye island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

stayed on a stay & play deal. they upgraded our room and couldn't have been nicer. even recomended local restaurants. room was very comfortable and roomy. complimentry water & snacks. very friendly staff

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great space, location and staff. The hotel is located at the base of the big mountain and has an overall magical feel. Beautiful hotel. We stayed in an alcove room which has a queen (I think) and a pull out couch. Room was clean and housekeeping was very friendly. Room was spacious. The decor looked new but the carpet looked like it had been there a while, clean though. We ate at 45 North, right in the hotel lobby. The food was AMAZING! The decor was beautiful, very intimate. Also ate at Geppetto's which was in a beautiful spot in the hotel complex. The food was more basic (pizza, burgers, ect.) but excellent. Very good bar too.

The best part was the hotel staff. I made a mistake booking. We were there for a wedding so I called on a Saturday during the off season and left a message reserving a room and saying I would call back Monday. I ended up booking online later that day. I called back Monday to see what room I was assigned (curious to know if I would be near family members) and the reservation department flagged my name and explained that they remembered my phone message and would allow me to cancel through hotwire and re-book through them which saved me about $60 for the two nights since there was a wedding rate. They called hotwire and gave the ok for me to cancel without paying a fee. So I called cancelled, called the hotel back and re booked. I think that was above and beyond great customer services. Overall a wonderful first experience at Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel!

Room Tip: Alcove room did not have the view I was expecting. We were overlooking the parking lot, but I suppos...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed our accommodations despite having been moved 3 times. Upon our evening arrival we were given a room that reeked of strong cigarette smoke. Given the fact that the resort is smoke-free, I immediately made the front desk aware of the problem. They indicated that there was an AA meeting and the members were chain smoking outside and the person (s) who occupied that room also smoked in the room. They made arrangements for Janessa - head housekeeper to install an air purifier. She indicated the room would be habitable in a couple of hours. We understood this was unexpected and decided to grab a bite to eat while they aired out the room. Upon our return, the room was not at all refreshed. We complained and were given another room for the evening and told we would have to move again the following day because new windows were being installed in that particular room and it was scheduled to be out of order for a couple of days. In the morning, we were moved again to a room we would occupy for the remainder of our stay. Janessa was very accommodating and she apologized for the inconvenience. I questioned why the housekeeper assigned to clean that room had not detected the strong smoke odor? She indicated that the housekeeper was a smoker and it was difficult for her to detect smoke odors in the room. The resort also offers an electric skillet if you prefer preparing light meals in your room. It features a small refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker.

Billy Scruggs - Front Desk , Janessa - Head Housekeeper, Erin Scarpa - Front Desk Supervisor, Scott Russell - Assist. G.M., John Caron - Executive Chef at 45 North Restaurant, Jen at 45 North were all wonderful. They made us feel like family not guests! Upon my arrival I also noticed I had left my smart phone charger at a hotel in Virginia. I asked if anyone in the hotel owned an i-Phone5 and after the front desk clerk checked around, he indicated the Chef was happy to allow me to charge my phone with his charger. Not only was he gracious and kind, he was genuine and accommodating. I actually had to charge it twice before my charger was received by mail later in the week. There are a number of activities to do in the Carabassett Valley area. We enjoyed hiking, white water rafting, zip lining and a ride up Sugarloaf mountain on the ski lift chair.

The resort is quiet and not very busy in the summer. It's a great place to visit however, outside of the 1 hotel restaurant, there is limited dining opportunities. We are not golfers but the resort features a fabulous golf course and dining at the golf club. Most of the shops and restaurants close in the summer and re-open for the ski season. Outside of the resort, Gepettos was a wonderful restaurant that we enjoyed. Great service, ambiance and the food was superb with moderate prices.

Room Tip: Mountainview rooms are a better value. The spiral staircase in the room can be difficult to carry s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just what we needed - wireless, comfortable beds, great bathroom products, mini kitchen, right on the mountain!!!!! LOVE it-- ski season AND hiking/golf season..... Worth the drive!!!!! Love this mountain--beautiful. Low key. Yet classy all the way!!!
Sorry to leave!!!

Stayed September 2013
Palm Coast FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel as part of our Play and Stay program including the golf course use. What a fantastic bargain package! And we consider the accommodations and services to be among elite ones of the same sort. We knew the golf course would be excellent, but were unsure of the Hotel during the "off season". Have no worries! The staff was fantastic! Friendly, helpful, accommodating all come to mind. And the accommodations were excellent. For a ski resort (or any resort) the rooms were in impeccable shape, the beds comfy, and amenities plentiful. We enjoyed our stay, the use of two restaurants, (45 North was awesome in food and service!) and of course the golf. Would recommend this package highly, and the hotel alone if that's what you need. Enjoy the Way Life Should Be in this Maine centerpiece.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We came up over July 4th for golf. It poured so we returned in August to use our fore-pack golf rounds. Stayed at the hotel in July and rented a condo in August. Hotel staff was very welcoming and friendly. Rooms were clean and restaurant/bar is right there. Food was very good, service excellent. Its quiet in the summer there. No crowds. Would love to ski in the winter.

Room Tip: The least expensive, single queen room had slanted ceilings. Felt too claustrophobic and the window...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel? Share your experiences!