We stayed at the Portside bldg of the Nonantum in the third week of August and had a wonderful time. The location was stunning, the breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly. We would definitely stay at the Nonantum again when we visit Kennebunkport.
Our third floor room had a nice view of the river and although there was a powerful air conditioner the evenings were cool so we never used the a/c and instead just opened the windows. The TV wasn't HD but we never used it. A safe would have been nice. Some reviewers have mentioned that the bathrooms were small but we never noticed that (see pictures attached).
We enjoyed the grounds with the nice views, pool and shuffle board, etc. There were bikes and kayaks available but we never had time to use them. Every morning we had a invigorating run on Ocean avenue with fantastic views of the ocean. It was 3 miles exactly from the Nonantum to the Bush Compound and back again.
We really enjoyed the breakfast. Scrumptious hot and cold offerings plus cooked to order omelettes and very helpful & friendly staff.
While it was high season and we only stayed two days I thought the hotel to be a bit pricey. We paid $335/night for three people with breakfast (and free parking). Parking was very crowded with all the weddings but with patience we always found a space.
I found that sound traveled very easily between rooms. I knew exactly when the folks in the room next door moved around at all, sneezed, turned off their alarm, etc. Also the WiFi (Portside SID) was very weak, probably because we were at the far end of the bldg. The connection would not connect or would drop right after connection. Fortunately there was another open connection (not provided by the hotel) that we glommed onto.
It was our first visit to the Maine coast and truly wonderful. The Nonantum made it extra special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Resort. The ambiance of a bygone era. Experience the Maine of yesterday on the picturesque shores of the Kennebunk River. Established in 1883, this enchanting Kennebunkport resort features elegantly appointed rooms, private baths, fine dining, heated pool, free WiFi, exceptional service. Scenic lobster boat and sailboat and sport fishing tours plus kayak rentals from our marina. On the trolley route. Victorian charm with contemporary amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport