We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of July. It is one of the more accessibly priced options in Kennebunkport and I booked it for its family friendly vibe.
We stayed in the Portside rooms on the second floor and had a nice view of the river. As previous reviewers have noted, you can hear people walking around in the room above, but since we ourselves live in a pre-war home, it didn't bother us much at all. Our room was a good size, bright and clean. Bathroom is also clean enough but in dire need of an update and a little bit on the small side. Turndown service was offered, which was nice, but we declined as we had our little ones in the room, but the housekeepers offered us chocolate anyway! The beds were comfortable and we had a great rest the nights we were there.
We had dinner at 95 Ocean our first night, and while the food was pretty good, it took one hour from ordering to get it. By that time, my 6 month old was in full melt-down mode and I couldn't enjoy it. I also managed to get quite a few mosquito bites while waiting. They also messed up our 2 year old's order but did quickly correct it. Given that the restaurant was not even close to full, I don't understand why it took an hour for our food to come out? I also did not appreciate having the staff clearing up the restaurant, sweeping the floor, etc while we were still eating our dinner, giving us the feeling like we were closing the place down, as if it was our choice to take a late reservation and wait so long for our food!
Breakfast was included in our rate, and it was great. Their baked goods and pancake selection varies every day, which was nice and the hot food served buffet style was great. Even with 15 minutes before breakfast was over, they would re-fill with fresh bacon, sausage, etc. The servers were all very polite and friendly and made us feel welcome.
We enjoyed the pool with our kids, and it was nice to see the staff trying to get some of the scheduled activities going (campfire sing-along, ice-cream making) but they were unfortunately poorly attended. If it werent for the fact that it was mostly raining while we were there, I imagine it would have been nice to sit out on the Adirondack chairs facing the river and relaxing, or kicking a ball around with the kids on their expansive lawn.
Overall, we had a really nice time, the property is charming and I think we we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Resort. The ambiance of a bygone era. Experience the Maine of yesterday on the picturesque shores of the Kennebunk River. Established in 1883, this enchanting Kennebunkport resort features elegantly appointed rooms, private baths, fine dining, heated pool, free WiFi, exceptional service. Scenic lobster boat and sailboat and sport fishing tours plus kayak rentals from our marina. On the trolley route. Victorian charm with contemporary amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport