“Wonderful Resort With Everything You Need!” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   95 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, Kennebunks, ME 04046   |
Offers & Announcements
$149 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
“Wonderful Resort With Everything You Need!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I loved our time in Kennebunkport staying at the Nonantum Resort. The people at the front desk were so nice and helpful. We then went to the concierge to ask some questions. She was wonderful and booked us dinner at the Bandaloop (AMAZING) Restaurant for the next night. We were tired and decided to eat at the Nonantum's 95 Ocean. We had the seafood chowder which delicious and the BBQ Duck Flatbread Pizza - loved the flavors! As breakfast was included both days, we ate at the resort. Very nice buffet! And the servers - I don't know who trains the staff, but keep up the good work. Everyone was so nice! We loved our waiter, Charlie!
The Nonatum has many activities to offer; kyaking, boat rides, bikes, etc. We loved just sitting and reading in one of the many adirondack chairs facing the water. It was so peaceful. The next day we walked into town as it is only a 15 minute walk by the river. We also walked to the beach - 5 minutes away. All in all a great place to stay for couples, friends or families. The only downside was the bed. The mattress was not the best and the pillows were awful.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Portside Lodge. The rooms were large, had a nice deck overlooking the water, refri...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
How happy I was to hear of your fantastic visit to The Nonantum! Our DIning Room Manager Vince Knue is the one who trains everyone in the Dining Room and he does an amazing job! Another thing that helps is people tend to work here for summer after summer so they are all trained when the season begins!
While 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort is a magnificent restaurant, (I love the chowder and the duck pizza too!) there are many other great restaurants in town and Bandiloop is absolutley one of them! We are lucky to have so many outstanding places to send our guests. Maybe that is why so many people keep coming back to Kennebunkport - there simply is a lot of things to do and see!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our room was adorable. It looked like something out of a magazine. We liked it so much, we took pictures. The view was of the bay and since it was raining, we were happy that it was a big window that filled up one wall. The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of choices. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were all incredibly helpful and fun to be around. The bike ride with Barbara should not be missed. We had a blast. I only wish we could have spent more time here, but had to catch a flight home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Mary:
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! Biking (or walking) with Barbara, our Director of Activities is always a lot of fun. I think that our Activities Program is one of the things that makes us such a interesting place to visit!
Every day we have options for folks of all ages including Henry's Camp for the small fry, lawn games for teens and tweens and exercise classes on the lawn for adults. My office is very close to Henry's Kids Club and I hear many an exasperated parent trying to convince their kiddos to leave program. The kids are having so much fun they do not want to leave! (My advice to mom and dad - grab an adirondack chair by the water and relax!)
Thanks again for sharing your expereinces! Hope to see you again soon!
Best,
Belmont, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I surprised my Husband by taking him here for Father's Day weekend. Could not have asked for a better place, we loved it. We had a great room with an oceanview.
The Inn was cozy and comfortable. Everyone was so nice, from the Front Desk help to the Bartender, Nick. Great breakfast buffet, too.
We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: If you want a quaint room that feels more like a cottage instead of a hotel room, ask for the Carria...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Melody:
I am delighted to hear your Father's Day getaway was just what you were looking for! It was a beautiful Maine Weekend and we were fortunate to have lots of families celebrating this special day! Hopefully you had the opportunity to enjoy our Father's Day Brunch. We had many spectacular reviews on it!
We look forward to seeing you when you return!
Warm Regards,
Chatham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our room was like none listed on the web. We were in the orginal inn on the fourth floor. Our room was right next to the very ancient, noisy elevator which interrupted our sleep a bit. Under our window were two large fans from the kitchen that started up at four thirty am. Also a bummer for sleep. The room was dark, dated, peeling paint on the windows, a chimney running through it, furniture chipped, and no headboard on the bed. The tv was 1990's. We are no strangers to Inns and expect quirky rooms but the noise was over the top.
The good news was the service was awesome! Great staff! The pool was way too small for the size of the inn. Not enough chairs to accomodate all the guests. So we did not use the area. We did sit out on the chairs overlooking the river. Its was lovely!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building or one NOT by the elevator or on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Caroline:
I am so sorry you did not like your room! Like all large properties we continually upgrade and renovate rooms and it sounds like the one you were in must be at the top of the upgrade list. We do value price our less desirable rooms and for many families this is a fair trade off.
It is good to hear that you did enjoy our staff and our beautiful location. The number one most popular activity hands down is sitting by the water watching the boats go by. It does have a magical aura to it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and myself stayed here in June 2013, when we arrived we were greeted very courteously and was given a upgrade free of charge to a river view in a king room,
The room was excellent, big and spotlessly clean, we went for drive around the resort and when we arrived back our blinds had been lowered and chocolates left on the bed !!! How about that for service !!!
I had the best nights sleep ever, went for breakfast the next morning which consisted of hot and cold food, absolutely delicious,
I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting kennebuntport, a special thank you to a lady on the reception who upgraded up. Her name was Lesley.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Ned The Red:
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent visit to The Nonanum Resort!
While turn down service is a thing of the past in most places, we still send housekeeping around in the evenings to change out towels, turn down beds, lower shades and deliver the ever popular chocolate to enjoy before nodding off in our super comfy Cuddledown bedding. We just think it is one of those touches that makes our guests feel like they are being pampered. And that is our number one goal - to exceed our guests expectations.
We hope you will be back for another visit soon!
Warmly,
Gloucester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have not returned to the Nonantum for 20 years. What a wonderful, updated facility. I was very impressed with the renovations, without losing the charm. I stayed at portside...the beds/bedding were outstanding...no wonder!...they were Cuddledown! I'm going to order my next bedding from them! The staff was phenomenal...you must have an outstanding training program. From the front desk, to the dining staff, to the housekeeping staff, to the bellhops, the barman, and every employee that you encounter...they were the best! Before I retired, my job was to find meeting facilities and I would be delighted to recommend Nonantum without question! I was with a group and, in spite of the rain, we all loved Nonantum. Next time, I am bringing my entire family! Thanks for making our visit so pleasant. (The only negative is that I was on the second floor, and because the floors are wooden, the person above me was quite noisy at times. I shall definitely stay on the 3rd floor next time! And, no fitness center?)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Loretta:
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your recent visit to The Nonantum Resort! How very kind of you to notice the many updates. It is always a very fine line when updating a 131 year old building between respecting history and making sure the needs of todays guests are taken care of!
We do have a lot of staff training and I think it shows! It also helps that many of our staff has been here for 20 or more years. We are a family resort. Many generations of families work and stay here and one of the values we treasure most is that generational interaction. Many members of our staff found their first job here and many members of our staff found their retirement job here. All bring something different to the ball game and we honor these differences.
As far as the lack of a gym, there is a gym where you can purchase a day pass for $10 less than a block away. In addition, we have many outdoor fitness classes including yoga, walking, stretching and zumba. The fun never ends at The Nonantum Resort!
All The Best,
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This has to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The reception staff were very pleasant and helpful on checking in. We had a room in the Portside Lodge in a ground floor room, when we walked into our room, the view from the patio took our breath away, just across the lawn was the water and it was idyllic. The rooms were modern, clean and spacious.
The hotel is located just a 10/15 minute stroll to the centre of Kennebunkport where the bars, restaurants are located.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice, hot and cold foods available, nothing was too much trouble.
I didn't want to leave this place and one night just wasn't enough, by far one of the best places I have ever visited. A must stay when visiting this pretty little town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello English Friends:
That is quite the compliment! The best hotel you have ever stayed in? WOW! Thank you!
Each day when I look out my office window (regardless of the season - they are all beautiful!) I think to myself, "how lucky am I that I get to enjoy these views each and every day"? It really is breathtaking here and I love that we are able to share our little corner of heaven with our many visitors from all over the globe.
Please come and see us again someday!
Warm Regards,
Innkeeper

Been to Nonantum Resort? Share your experiences!