My husband and I selected the Nonantum for our 20th anniversary. It was absolutely the best choice we could have made. The reservations person booked us in a top floor room facing the river. The view of the river was spectacular. The room was large and had a jacuzzi. The room was very well-appointed, and had a great coffee maker and fridge. One of the things I loved about the furniture was the bed had very fluffy comforters. It seems most places have very thin blankets - the loft of the comforter is so much more pleasant to me. The staff was professional, friendly, and efficient. The breakfasts were delicious and extensive, including hot items like eggs/sausage/etc. You cannot beat the fact that the resort is on the river, while still being so close to town. One note: I believe this resort does a lot of weddings, which is understandable because of the view and lovely facilities. There was a wedding on the SAT night of our FRI-SAT night stay. It did go until about 11 and it was possible to hear the music playing across the property. While this did not bother us in the least, it might bother some folks. The reservations person had been clear about the fact that there was a wedding going on that weekend, and that the attendees would be in residence there. She was also careful book us far away from it, in the most lovely room, and I think one of the only rooms in the second building with a jacuzzi. If someone had a problem staying in a place where a wedding was going on, it would be a good idea to find out if one was happening or not. A wedding can also mean lots of commotion and families/kids running around at breakfast; again, this did not bother us, but it is not for everyone. We will be returning to the Nonantum and have referred it to several friends. It is lovely, has a great staff, and is an excellent value.
- Also Known As:
- Nonantum Hotel
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport
- Nonantum Hotel Kennebunkport
- Nonantum Resort Kennebunkport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Resort. The ambiance of a bygone era. Experience the Maine of yesterday on the picturesque shores of the Kennebunk River. Established in 1883, this enchanting Kennebunkport resort features elegantly appointed rooms, private baths, fine dining, heated pool, free WiFi, exceptional service. Scenic lobster boat and sailboat and sport fishing tours plus kayak rentals from our marina. On the trolley route. Victorian charm with contemporary amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Tingo, HotelsClick, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Nonantum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.