My parents spent part of their Honeymoon at CLM and after returning for their 10-year anniversary, have been making 3 or 4 trips to the Inn every year. They first brought my sister and me along when we were around 6 and 8. We loved exploring the cupola, gift shop, and games in the Gathering Room's closet. Now, 20 years later we love CLM for different reasons: the luxurious showers, the heated bathroom floors, the guest books in every room, the delicious cookies in the rooms for returning guests, the comfortable beds with the softest sheets I have ever felt, and the home-away-from-home vibe (that is, if your home were impeccably decorated and someone made your bed for you every day!). We also love that the Mansion is a short walk to the shops and restaurants in Dock Square where you can enjoy everything from pub fare to a fancy dinner. Additionally, as a family we love to walk to some of the nearby beaches, even though we always seem to visit in the winter.
Finally, no review of Captain Lord Mansion would be complete without mentioning their morning breakfasts! You eat family-style with the other guests and swap dinner recommendations and stories of previous CLM visits. Breakfast starts with yogurt, cereal and fresh fruit, followed by the muffin of the day. Then you have the main course which can range from pumpkin pancakes to sausage and swiss cheese quiche to their famous sticky buns. If you have a dietary restriction, just let the office staff know the night before. I am a vegetarian and I received my very own special quiche with extra vegetables instead of sausage. They are very accommodating.
I may be biased, since I have been coming to CLM since I was a child, but I really could not sing higher praises for the inn itself, the staff and the innkeepers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Lord Mansion Hotel
- Captain Lord Mansion Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Lord Mansion Kennebunkport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the only AAA 4 Diamond bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, ME. Enjoy spacious guest rooms at our Kennebunkport inn with comfy beds, heated floors, luxurious amenities, fireplaces, & Jacuzzi tubs. Our B&B in Kennebunkport also features complimentary gourmet breakfast, beach chairs & towels, Wi-Fi, in-room snacks, & afternoon beverages. Steps from wonderful shops, galleries, and restaurants, our Kennebunkport bed & breakfast is the perfect romantic Maine getaway. 2010 Fodor’s Choice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Captain Lord Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.